5.5.21-1 HDD serial number replaces by ID_SERIAL_SHORT (JMicron)

• i decided to reinsert the relative path in the 61-openmediavault-dev-disk-by-id.rules (removed with the new version)

and now my serial number show correctly :) and no more error 'failed with exit code 1'.

I'm wondering because systemd developers told me that it is not necessary to use absolute paths. And it seems no a generic issue, otherwise the forum and bug tracker would be flooded with reports about that. So i assume something else must be causing the issue? Maybe a custom kernel, other udev/systemd packages from sources other than the Debian repositories, ...

• Hello, I havent visited the forum in recent months but I stumbled upon your solution & applied to my installation as well.

So in /etc/udev/rules.d/61-openmediavault-dev-disk-by-id.rules I've searched for the corresponding vendor_id & model_id & altered the code so it looks like this now:

Code
    ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="152d", \
    ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="0567", \
    IMPORT{program}="/usr/lib/udev/serial_id %N", \
    ENV{ID_SERIAL}="$env{ID_VENDOR}_$env{ID_MODEL}_$env{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}-$env{ID_INSTANCE}", \
    SYMLINK="disk/by-path/$env{ID_PATH}", \
    SYMLINK+="disk/by-id/$env{ID_BUS}-$env{ID_SERIAL}"

Code
    IMPORT{program}="serial_id %N", \

became

Code
    IMPORT{program}="/usr/lib/udev/serial_id %N", \

Et voilà, S/N is showing up again :)

Thanks for your suggestion!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!