ZFS packages update issue (OMV 5.6.0.1)

• No, those four lib***** etc don't select them, leave those unselected

If I unselect the -pve1 packages then I still get errors:

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I unselect the -pve1 packages then I still get errors:

I got the same error, but I deselected those and installed the rest, but you're getting errors on zfs-zed and zfsutils-linix, are you on the proxmox kernel if you are just install the new kernel, set it as boot then reboot

• I got the same error, but I deselected those and installed the rest, but you're getting errors on zfs-zed and zfsutils-linix, are you on the proxmox kernel if you are just install the new kernel, set it as boot then reboot

Yes, I'm currently on 5.4.98-1-pve. There are four kernel related packages listed:

• pve-kernel-5.4.101-1-pve
    • pve-kernel-5.4
    • pve-headers-5.4
    • pve-headers-5.4.101-1-pve

Is it ok to just update those on their own?

• Code
    dkms status
    zfs, 2.0.3, 5.4.101-1-pve, x86_64: installed

Kernel installed ok, saw one error message in the output though:

Code
    Good news! Module version 2.0.2-1~bpo10+1 for zcommon.ko
    exactly matches what is already found in kernel 5.4.101-1-pve.
    DKMS will not replace this module.
    You may override by specifying --force.
    Error! Module version 2.0.2-1~bpo10+1 for zfs.ko
    is not newer than what is already found in kernel 5.4.101-1-pve (2.0.3-pve2).
    You may override by specifying --force.

Then installed the pve2 packages and there were some 'failure' messages in the log related to removing a directory:

No more updates are being shown (I have not yet re-enabled backports) but I don't have a clean zfs-dkms status yet...

Code
    # dkms status
    zfs, 2.0.2, 5.4.101-1-pve, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)
    zfs, 2.0.2, 5.4.98-1-pve, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)

Still have the zfs-dkms package installed:

zfs-dkms/now 2.0.2-1~bpo10+1 all [installed,local]

Sounds like based on what ryecoaaron was saying, I can just try to manually remove this package?

• Neither do I, but I enabled the backports and there was a zfs-dkms update which will configure the zfs modules for the new kernel

Gotcha. Well that was the only backports update showing and I now get:

Code
    # dkms status
    zfs, 2.0.3, 5.4.101-1-pve, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)

Not sure the output really needs to repeat that warning message so many times! ;)

I guess now is the appropriate time to run 'zpool upgrade'? I didn't want to mess around with that until it seemed like I wasn't in an odd state.

• I'm in the same situation now with ZFS pool missing from the UI, throwing "No filesystem backend exists for 'zfs'." error on me anytime I try access the File Systems menu.

I'm on a Proxmox kernel "Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 5.4.101-1-pve" currently, with the non-Proxmox kernel and headers removed.

I have never had "Testing repo", "Extras repo" nor "Backports" enabled.

First I tried enabling "Testing repo", "Extras repo" (but not "Backports"), running apt update and then following RE: ZFS packages update issue (OMV 5.6.0.1) but the newest available version of zfsutils-linux seems to be already installed:

Code
    root@debian:/home/reddy# apt -s install zfsutils-linux
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    zfsutils-linux is already the newest version (2.0.3-pve2).
    zfsutils-linux set to manually installed.
    The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
      pve-headers-5.4.78-2-pve
    Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

and I can't see version 5.0.6 of openmediavault-zfs plugin anywhere:

Code
    root@debian:/home/reddy# apt list -a openmediavault-zfs
    Listing... Done
    openmediavault-zfs/buster,now 5.0.5 amd64 [residual-config]
    openmediavault-zfs/buster 5.0.4 amd64 [residual-config]
    openmediavault-zfs/buster 5.0.3 amd64 [residual-config]
    openmediavault-zfs/buster 5.0.2 amd64 [residual-config]
    openmediavault-zfs/buster 5.0.1 amd64 [residual-config]
    openmediavault-zfs/buster 5.0 amd64 [residual-config]

so trying to install it would fail:

Where can I find 5.0.6 version of openmediavault-zfs plugin? Which repositories do I have to enable?

So, I tried to turn to RE: ZFS packages update issue (OMV 5.6.0.1) instead, but apparently all cache is gone after enabling "Testing repo", "Extras repo" and apt update:

Code
    root@debian:/home/reddy# ls -a /var/cache/apt/archives/
    .  ..  lock  partial

I read the whole thread and I'm still confused. Can someone help me, please?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which repositories do I have to enable

How I would do this, enable the backports disable the other two, click save. Omv-extras on the updates drop down select apt clean.

Check in the plugins for 5.06, TBH I can't remember now where this appeared, Update Management and check to see what updates there are.

• Thanks for response! I did exactly like you said (though I was a bit hesitant thinking that the worst thing in this thread came from the backports) - left only backports on, run apt clean, went to the Update Management where I checked for new updates - only the recent updates to docker-ce, docker-ce-cli and openmediavault-omvextrasorg stayed on the list. I went to the Plugins and searched for openmediavault-zfs - only 5.0.5 there.
    I also tried with command line, clearly see the backports there, but still no luck installing openmediavault-zfs:

Then I found an option to enable pre-release updates and community-maintained updates in the Update Manager. Enabled those, update all the packages and tried openmediavault-zfs - still just 5.0.5. Finally I enabled all repositories under OMVExtras, apt update again and tried openmediavault-zfs once more - still the same, can't install due to missing dependencies and only 5.0.5 visible... :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for response

Those dependencies are 2 x v1 and 2 x v2 both of which will be updated. When you installed 101 did you set that as the default kernel and reboot.

Then Update Management -> check, if you're still not getting any updates I can only assume your mirror is down, most in this thread have got things sorted and working, read from #95 it might help.

• Today I received new update for the OMV itself (5.6.2-1) and after installing it I suddenly could see openmediavault-zfs 5.0.6 without enabling any extra repositories. After installing it - everything seems to be back at normal. Magic.
    Thanks for all the help!

• w9WdO4XOp

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • How should I go about fixing this? I cannot update because of conflicting packages though at least nothing has broken like others above in the thread.

• Coming late to the party, but I waited for my holiday to update my backup machine...

I ran into the same error with those four lib***** packages and tried the following to solve it:

1. Installed the new pve-* packages (4 or 5).
      Made sure the new proxmox kernel is selected, other kernels are removed, and rebooted.
    2. Installed the update of OMV itself and rebooted.
    3. Installed the OMV-Extras update and rebooted.
    4. Tried to install all packages, but ran into same error.
    5. Tried to install openmediavault-zfs 5.0.6, but ran into same error.
    6. Installed zfs-dkms 2.0.3-1 and rebooted.
    7. Installed all updates without error.

I read this thread twice, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

The ZFS plugin seems to be ok. But I don't use ZFS yet and don't have any data on the ZFS pool yet, so I'm not 100% sure.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!