omv-engined[15380]: Failed to bind socket: Read-only file system

• Had a hard drive fail today, swapped it out, and also added another hard drive. The swapped out HD was formatted with the same label, thought this may make the change over simpler being that is part of a mergerfs pool, I know the disk UUID will be different, but thought it was worth a try.

Now I can't open the Web UI, error displayed is "Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

Form an SSH terminal, omv-engined -d -f, returns the error "omv-engined[15380]: Failed to bind socket: Read-only file system"

What would be the simplest / quickest / laziest / fastest / bestest fix?

Is there a fix or do a fresh install?

• Read-only file system

Figured out my "Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory" error

Directly related to "Failed to bind socket: Read-only file system"

OS drive got flagged as Read-only file system because "guess who" manually edited the /etc/fstab and /etc/openmediavault/config.xml files.

Doh, won't do that again.

Thought I'd be smart and remove the references to a failed HD, the thing is I use mergerfs, that then makes 3 references to the HD in each file, I got 5 out 6 references removed, doh.

So that was my saturday, figuring out getting my OMV OS drive to be read n write again.

OMV is very smart, it finds a problem, lock the os drive to stop any corruption.

Solution was to connect the drive to another linux os, mount, edit fstab n config.xml (double, triple, quadruple check they r the same), disconnect, reboot, OMV is happy again.

And me, very relieved, n big lessons learnt.

But then again, I learnt what I shouldn't do and what I can actually do.

Oh well all in the name of learning.

That's it for me now with replying to myself.

Back to playing with KVM plugin...

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!