Wrong IP address displayed

• After installation and some basic config to enable one of the ethernet interfaces, I shutdown the server. The next day after starting, I could not connect with the web GUI, yet on the server's actual console I could log in and access the network no problem. I eventually realised that in the browser, I was trying to access the original IP address as I'd forgotten that had now changed after enabling the ethernet port. Nothing odd about this, except I was sure the server's console/screen after startup had displayed the old address that was no longer valid.

That was yesterday and later I changed the IP address of the other ethernet interface (there are 2) and at the end of the day, I shutdown again.

This morning, I was careful after startup to note what IP addresses were displayed on the console and sure enough, although the main one that had been set a couple of days ago was now displayed correctly, the other one, that I changed yesterday, was still showing its old IP address, i.e. the address used when last booted, before it was changed. Logging in and using 'ip a' displayed the correct current IP addresses, yet when OMV boots, it displays the IP addresses from some earlier time.

So when OMV displays the IP address(es) on that first screen after startup, from where is it getting the info? If from config.xml, then that rather suggests it is not correctly updating its own config file when modifying ethernet interfaces, e.g. changing IP addresses, in the web GUI. Is this a known problem?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!