GRUB errors during update installs

• While ago I moved the OS from HDD to SSD, everything boots ok but get the following error when applying updates (see below)

The drive listed ' /dev/disk/by-id/ata-VB0250EAVER_9VMXRM3G' was the previous drive which has been replaced by an OCZ-Agilt4 drive.

Any ideas on how I can correct this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you didn't read it, as it tells you exactly what to do..

Zitat

You must correct your GRUB install devices before proceeding:

DEBIAN_FRONTEND=dialog dpkg --configure grub-pc

dpkg --configure -a

• I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you didn't read it, as it tells you exactly what to do..

Sorry I didn't realise this was a command, thought it was part of the error. What a twat!!! Hopefully that will cure the issue. Thanks.

• I had the same issue as the OP. So I ran "sudo dpkg --configure -a" from the command line as advised here. This presented a dialog box that allowed me to choose the disk to install grub to. Everything seemed to work, but on reboot of the server I get a grub screen asking to choose from a list of systems to boot and no matter which one I choose, it fails with the message: "error symbol grub_register_command_lockdown not found". Anyone have any ideas on what to do now?

• I saw this error when updating to GRUB 2.06 after I had changed my boot drive.

As above, running this as root and selecting my new boot drive in the dialog solved it:

Code
    #> DEBIAN_FRONTEND=dialog dpkg --configure grub-pc

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!