RAID Missing After Re-Boot

• Hi geaves,

I've got my fingers crossed; everything looks 'normal'. I have not rebooted nor dared to map the drive to take a look :). Here are the results from your two commands:

Code
    root@Server:~# omv-mkconf mdadm
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-0.bpo.8-amd64
    root@Server:~#
    Code
    root@Server:~# update-initramfs -u
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    root@Server:~#
  • Giddy (giddy, I tell ya') with anticipation, I mapped the drive and took a look.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

THANK YOU, GEAVES. It all seems to be there.

As I stated at the outset, this was my first post, so forgive me when I ask this, but how can I appropriately thank you?

• Offizieller Beitrag

As I stated at the outset, this was my first post, so forgive me when I ask this, but how can I appropriately thank you

The fact that it's back up and running is enough, to be honest when I saw your first post the pessimist in me thought that array was toast as I have never seen non existent entries before.

Personally this would be a time to take stock of your backup strategy and have a recoverable backup of your system drive

• Zitat

"I have never seen non existent entries before"

That's me, trendsetter for any and all disasters :D. Seriously, I thought there might be hope because in your first response, you referenced Scotty, not Spock. The logical Spock would have run an ROI on my situation and moved on. But Scotty......, Scotty always got the job done, no matter how dire the situation. You sir, are Scotty. And I thank you.

As I said, my critical files (docs, pics, music) were safe, but you are more than correct to suggest a better overall backup strategy for my media and OS. I have begun the planning.

Thank you again, geaves. Have a great weekend.

• geaves

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!