OMV5 : Enabling WOL After upgrading to OMV 5.6.5-1 stops OMV from reporting its hostname to DHCP server

• Hello everyone,

I installed OMV5 using the official installation media version 5.5.11 on a virtual machine using Proxmox qemu. I have pfSense router that handles hostnames resolution in local network.

I noticed the following two scenarios:

Scenario ONE:

• Fresh install of OMV, hostname set during installation to "nas"
    • I can ping/access OMV using hostname from any other workstation in local network
    • Upgrade to the latest release using omv-update
    • Open WebGUI, I see notification to apply for new configuration. I click apply, after one minute "communication error occurred" and the notification disappears
    • Enable WOL in network interface, then apply.
    • Network connectivity is lost, a new IP is acquired
    • Unable to ping/access OMV using hostname
    • I can ping/access OMV using the new IP address
    • pfSense shows the following two entries in DHCP list
    • It shows that after upgrading, a new IP has been acquired but it is not reporting its correct hostname

Scenario TWO:

• Fresh install of OMV, hostname set during installation to "nas"
    • I can ping/access OMV using hostname from any other workstation in local network
    • Enable WOL, then apply... all goes well
    • I can still ping/access OMV using hostname from any other workstation in local network
    • Upgrade to the latest release using omv-update
    • Open WebGUI, I see notification to apply for new configuration. I click apply, after one minute "communication error occurred" and the notification disappears
    • reboot to verify network configuration is working correctly..
    • Disable WOL in network interface, then apply.
    • Unable to ping/access OMV using hostname

UPDATE: This issue isn't present when installing OMV 5.6.5 on top of a fresh install of Debian Buster 10.9

I can do any suggested further tests and provide information to confirm if it is a bug or not.

Thanks in advance

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!