Hidden WiFi connection

• Hi

I'm just setting up my new RPi4 with OpenMediaVault. I installed the latest Raspberry Pi OS Lite (VERSION="10 (buster)"), then flashed OpenMediaVault.

I'm following this tutorial: LINK.

What I want is to connect the RPi to my hidden WiFi - I know that hiding a network does not significantly increase security, but I want to set it up that way.

I did manage to connect it to my WiFi with SSID enabled, but when I disable the SSID broadcasting, it doesn't connect.

With some research I found a few suggestions:

1) sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

2) sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

But when I open those, they are almost empty.

With the first (sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces) I get the following output:

Code
    # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
    # Better use netplan.io or systemd-networkd to configure additional interface stanzas.

# Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d:
    source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

With the second (sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf) I get this:

Code
    ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
    update_config=1

I tried editing the wpa_supplicant.conf to this:

Code
    ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
    update_config=1
    network={
        ssid="LIMITED"
        scan_ssid=1
        psk="1234"
    }

After that I decided to do it all from scratch. I installed just the Raspberry OS Lite, and connected to my WiFi (both visible AND hidden), and it works.

But when I install OMV (using the mentioned guide in the link above), it doesn't work for hidden network. It kinda seems that it just ignores the "wpa_supplicant" file.

Any suggestions?

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!