Suggestions on first build - for my mom and my off site backup

• I can use either a silent pc (j1900 celeron 4 gig ram) or an M73 (core i3 - 4 gig ram) both older and they both have quick sync (I think).

I want to install OMV in the main drive in the pc and then use an external (or 2) USB HDD for data. I would make it a target for backup from my own location over a VPN and also setup some sort of media sharing (plex) for my mom.

Any suggestions, would this work? is it a bad idea to have USB as the data drive? aside from reliability, would it work? is it possible? or are there recommendations? this will require little power, i like that it will be silent and I will only do backups between midnight and 5 am so traffic will not be an issue.

I am unable to find in comments if other are doing what I am describing and have been doing it long term. That is basically what my interest is, long term experiences or know how,.

I have my own NAS which I would move to her location (I have one to spare) but I rather use OVM to start learning it more.

Anyone who can help it is appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!