OMV ZFS 5.0.6 armhf plugin fails on Pi4 / PiOS 64 Bit 5.10.60-v8+

• Has anyone else tried this combination and succeeded? And if so how?

I've built the Pi4/64 bit Ubuntu Server/ZFS with no problem - but miss the nice webgui of OMV.

Error Message from OMV ZFS armhf plugin

I'm assuming that the control file ZFS armhf is likely the starting point of the error above.

• crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I've built the Pi4/64 bit Ubuntu Server/ZFS with no problem - but miss the nice webgui of OMV.

Did you follow the guide to install OMV? Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

And why do you want zfs on an RPi?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron ,

I used your automated one-liner to install OMV, which worked a treat. No errors to report. As for ZFS, its a filesystem I know well having worked with it for 5 years plus with OMV4 and Freenas/Truenas on Intel hardware. ZFS works surprisingly well under Ubuntu Server 21.04 on the Pi 4B 8GB with Portainer acting as my Docker GUI/Manager. However, I'd prefer to be running OMV5.x :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

As for ZFS, its a filesystem I know well having worked with it for 5 years plus with OMV4 and Freenas/Truenas on Intel hardware. ZFS works surprisingly well under Ubuntu Server 21.04 on the Pi 4B 8GB with Portainer acting as my Docker GUI/Manager. However, I'd prefer to be running OMV5.x

I just think zfs on usb drives on an rpi is overkill but oh well. The problem with arm boards and the zfs plugin is getting the kernel headers installed so the zfs module can be compiled. The plugin can't list the headers for every arm kernel OMV can be installed on. So, you need to manually install them. After that, the plugin should be able to install ok. If you want to install the plugin after successfully installing zfs-dkms, that would probably help.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• A little update, as this question is now solved. The solution was quite simple in the end, this is what I did.

Code
    Linux pi8gbnas 5.10.63-v8+ #1459 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 6 16:42:49 BST 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Code
    sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Add the line

Code
    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main

Then

Code
    sudo apt update

Then

Code
    sudo apt install zfsutils-linux/buster-backports
    sudo apt install zfs-zed/buster-backports
    sudo apt install zfs-initramfs/buster-backports

The kernel recompile takes quite a while even on SSD attached USB.

Then you're ready to add the OMV ZFS extra, don't choose the armhf version. And bingo it should all be working, Pi4, ZFS, OMV deliciousness.

• dubbers

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The solution was quite simple in the end, this is what I did.

omv-extras has a checkbox to enable/disable backports. So, no need to add the backports list file manually.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!