Installing OMV 4.x under Raspbian Stretch

• Due to installation challenges of OMV 5.x under Raspberry Pi OS Buster, I thought I give another try and reinstall OMV 4.x under Raspbian Stretch.

Are there any installation guides on how OMV 4.x can be installed under Raspbian Stretch? (The original OMV 4.x images are no longer available.)

I have found a pointer with the article titled Installing OMV 4.x under Raspbian Stretch on how the installation can be prepared and another note titled Installing OMV Extras for OMV4 under Raspbian Stretch on how the Extras can be installed.

Is there anything else that I may need to observe?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The script no longer supports installing omv 4.x and omv-extras was never updated to use the bintray repos. Giving up on 5.x and moving to unsupported 4.x is a bad idea. Give your other thread some more time.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I went ahead with a bare metal install with OMV 4.x under Raspbian Stretch as my previous platform was running with this version and it goes faster for me ;)

Thus, on the terminal prompt fired the command:

Then I fired the command:

Code
    sudo sh -c 'apt update ; apt --allow-unauthenticated install openmediavault-keyring ; apt update'

And I got the following output:

To me it looks like it is a matter to get access to the public GPG key. Is it possible to obtain access or enable the installation through other means? ;)

Otherwise, how can you do a disaster recovery when you have been using OMV 4.x all the time? :rolleyes:

• Offizieller Beitrag

how can you do a disaster recovery when you have been using OMV 4.x all the time?

If you are using an unsupported release, you will have to be creative. Most disaster recovery won't involve a fresh install. It will be restoring a backup image.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• If you are using an unsupported release, you will have to be creative. Most disaster recovery won't involve a fresh install. It will be restoring a backup image.

Thank you for your feedback. A disaster recovery plan also considers a fresh installation and applying the necessary configuration settings to bring a platform back to its original state of operation.

Debian Stretch is still in an EOL LTS release as reviewed back some time ago, and, as such, OMV 4.x ought to be supported as well.

A re-installation ought to resolve my particular situation. This said, I will indeed spend some time and validate OMV 5.x in a test platform soon.

• Offizieller Beitrag

A disaster recovery plan also considers a fresh installation and applying the necessary configuration settings to bring a platform back to its original state of operation.

Maybe in the enterprise world. I maintain DR projects in the enterprise world. No need for education. But don't expect that with a small project.

OMV 4.x ought to be supported as well.

But it isn't. We don't have enough man power.

A re-installation ought to resolve my particular situation. This said, I will indeed spend some time and validate OMV 5.x in a test platform soon.

No offense but you are using an RPi. How complicated can your setup be that you are applying these strict DR and testing concepts?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!