Error on OMV virtual harddisk: kernel: Buffer I/O error on device vdb1, logical block

• Hi,

I just set up my OMV on a Proxmox Server.

OMV is running on a Proxmox Environment. The disk is located on a ZFS RAIDZ.

Proxmox provides a hard disk on the ZFS Raid via virtio1 to the OMV-VM.

While I was copying file to the new shares, I opened the OMV console an noted several Buffer I/O errors von vdb1.

I am not very familiar with Proxmox and OMV yet. I checked for SMART errors on Proxmox. Everything was fine.

How can I find out why these errors occur and how do I solve this?

I found several issues with google, but none was about virtual drives (vdx).

As the error occurs on the RAID OMV is using, shouldn't it be possible to also see these errors on the ZFS Raid in Proxmox? Or at least be able to check the disks of the RAIDZ in a way?

As the OMV is supposed to be my new central storage, I would like to ensure that everything is fine and avoid any data loss to failures in the near future.

Thanks,

Markus

• Thanks Zoki, will keep that in mind for the next issue.

I can confirm that the issue is solved with installation of pve-qemu-kvm version 6.1.0-3.

Code
    apt update
    apt install pve-qemu-kvm=6.1.0-3

I had installed pve-qemu-kvm version 6.1.0-2.

Issue solved. Thanks for your support Zoki!

Happy holidays!

Markus

• Markus21354

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!