OMV 5 Docker manual instalation resulted to an update managment error

• HI everybody!

I am quite new with omv and linux systems but I am working hard to learn!

The last 2 weeks I am trying to install Docker on OMV 5.6.25 without success. My main wish is to install on external storage but it wasnt happenning. I thought I had problem with my drives and I tryied to to do it internaly by creating a zfs partition on my pool but no luck again. Even I used the default pathway that docker suggests (/etc/docker/daemon.json.) but nothing. So I realised that there is a problem with the docker plugin and focused to find ways solving it.

Unfortunately my last attempt it doesnt look that it worked as well and as I hoped but instead it made a small damage and I was hoping someone to help me to reverse/fix the error please.

I followed the instructions for manual docker installation from this site. So I tried the method by installing the repository first and afrer the Docker engine. When I finished with the first step and I am about to install the docke engine, I did an apt-get update and I got the following error:

Terminal

E: Conflicting values set for option Signed-By regarding source https://download.docker.com/linux/debian/ buster: /usr/share/keyrings/docker-archive-keyring.gpg !=

E: The list of sources could not be read.

OMV interface:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': E: Conflicting values set for option Signed-By regarding source https://download.docker.com/linux/debian/ buster: /usr/share/keyrings/docker-archive-keyring.gpg != E: The list of sources could not be read.

I ve been looking to find a similar topic to this error and fix but no luck. I hope you can help me to fix it as I can not to any updates as it looks or to procceed with my project. I tryied and the app-clean in the omv-extras but is not working now as well.

Thank you in advance

geovai

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Why not just use the install docker button in omv-extras?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Why not just use the install docker button in omv-extras?

I did try a lot of times but it says that the docker has not installed. thats why I am trying to do it manually. Also everytime I checked the pathways where it supposed to installed there are not any changes in there. and there is the message when I am trying to install it with the button.

Docker storage ::

Agent port:: 8000

Web port:: 9000

Yacht port:: 8001

arch :: amd64

option :: docker

state :: install

extras :: 5.6.6

DNS OK.

Create override file ...

Reload systemd daemon ...

Skipping docker restart.

Installing local docker-compose 1.28.4...

Done

but Status: Not installed

• To resolve:

- remove /usr/share/keyrings/docker-archive-keyring.gpg

- remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list

- uninstall docker

- create a directory somewhere on a data drive named docker-root (will be /srv/dev-disk-by-.../docker-root)

- create a well-known symlink to /srv/dev-disk-by-.../docker-root (e.g. /NAS/docker-root)

- got to the UI and enter /NAS/docker-root als path for docker root, hit save

- install docker from the ui

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Thank you Zoki!

It solved my current problem. I had remove the usr/share/keyrings/docker-archive-keyring.gpg but not the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list and problem fixed. However when I am trying to unistall the docker it says

Package 'docker-ce' is not installed, so not removed. Is that normal? Do I have to unistall it from the command line? if yes how?

Thanks

• So it loos like there is some problem with my docker installation. Zoki, I did try with the symlink as you suggested numeral times but fail. I tryied different pathways on external and internal data drives but again nothing. (all the pathways and symlinks looks ok on the terminal and without any mounting isssues).

Also I re-installed the omv-extras plugin in case it would resolved any configurations but failed again. But I hesitated to remove the omv-extras pluggin becasue it would remove the zfs plugin as well and as my data storage are on the ZFS I did not want to cause any more damage. I can not understand what is wrong. Any suggestions?

If you need more information about it, let me know please.

Thanks

• Ccould you check from the cli what the problem is?

ls -lah /var/Docker-root (Will you remember, you put your symlink inside /usr???)

apt-get install docker-ce

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Ccould you check from the cli what the problem is?

ls -lah /var/Docker-root (Will you remember, you put your symlink inside /usr???)

apt-get install docker-ce

The /usr/docker wasn't symlink but an actual pathway. It was one of my different attempts to install somewhere the docker. I created a directory in the usr but I removed it afterwards as it wasnt working as well.

Anyhow, I followed your instructions and it seems the command apt-get install docker-ce did the trick and thank you for that! It seems that for some reason the install button on my UI doesn't do anything. The docker and portnainer is insalled and running on my usb storage now!

Synopsis:

1) I attached the usb storage on the server

2) Formated to ext4

3) Created a share folder as Docker-root and that gave me the absolute pathway

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3b317161-7a4e-4c47-91b0-f60492c63803/Docker-root

4)On the cli created a symlink as Docker

Code
    ~#ln -s /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3b317161-7a4e-4c47-91b0-f60492c63803/Docker-root Docker~#cd Docker
    ~/Docker# sudo mkdir Docker-root

My new pathway is Docker/Docker-root and saved it in the UI.

5)As the installation button for the docker is not working, I did it manualy from the cli as you suggested

Code
    ~/Docker/Docker-root# apt-get install docker-ce

Installed but could not run because of the error:

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

which resolved with

Code
    sudo dpkg --configure -a

and at the end removed any unwanted installed packeges with

Code
    apt autoremove

And that fixed my problem

Thanks Zoki :)

P.S. Dont forget to give permissions on the shared folder for thedocker which located on the ACL->system accounts->docker

sudo dpkg --configure

• This was the reason, the button in the UI did not work: sudo dpkg --configure -a it will work now

Where did you create the symlink. It is a relative path in some home direcotory?

Do a ls -la /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3b317161-7a4e-4c47-91b0-f60492c63803/Docker-root

and you should see a directory Docker-root inside it

Do ls -la /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3b317161-7a4e-4c47-91b0-f60492c63803/Docker-root/Docker-root

Do cat /etc/docker/daemon.json and check if there is the correct path in it

It may work now, but is not a clean install and needs some more work.

• Geovai

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!