anybody use Viewpower to monitor ups on nas remotely?

• hi guys

as the subject title mention, I'm using a local brand Prolink UPS connected to USB to my omv6. The NUT plugin is installed and remote monitoring is set (standalone). The app from manufacturer is Viewpower. the plugin is working AFAIK (shutdown etc).

Theres an option in Viewpower to monitor ups attached to network device. However I'm unable to find my nas from my laptop. reply from manufacturer says that it doesn't support that feature. but I have my doubt (since the manufacturer merely sourcing the app from other vendor)

Anybody using the same viewpower app? How's your experience? Thanks

• Did you ask the vendor of Viewpower, if it supports nut as a network source? Why should he, if their UPSes speak a different language.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Nut website mention my ups driver is (possibly) nutdrv_qx. I use that in nut plugin and it work fine

To be honest I don't know who make the app. When I Google viewpower ups all I found is ups maker website offering the app for their user to download. They all same the app with mine with the same manual.

For instance this from Riello America website

Zitat

ViewPower

Management Software

ViewPower is an advanced UPS management software. It allows remote monitor and manage from one to multiple UPSs in a networked environment, either LAN or INTERNET. It can not only prevent data loss from power outage and safely shutdown systems, but also store programming data and scheduled shutdown UPSs.

Feature summary:

• Allows control and monitoring of multiple UPSs via LAN and INTERNET
    • Supports auto and manual online upgrade
    • User-friendly power analysis graph: event statistics, history data chart export
    • Real-time dynamic graphs of UPS data (voltage, frequency, load level, battery level)

• After much reading I belive the same viewpower app (Linux version) must be installed in Nas itself for the monitoring to work. Though I'm not gonna test that ATM. I'm using WinNUT instead and it works great.

Case closed. Tq

• Are you trying to monitor the UPS directly (it is connected by a usb cable) or are you trying to monitor nut (which in turn monitors the up)s

UPS <---usb cable----> nut on omv <---network---> viewport on a seperate computer

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!