failed OMV5 to OMV6 upgrade . Now GUI : "502 bad gateway"

• HI, first time poster...
    Tried to upgrade from V5 to V6 about a month back and it failed ( i suspect minidlna) .
    system was left in a state of man packages failing to download and in messy state.
    To make it worse I installed the packages manually via apt-get , until one failed hard.
    Then the server lacked a network config, so console access only.
    ( and a brief messages about firewall IP tables at boot.)

I have been able get network up and get the packages is a state where there is no complaints.
    I have removed php 7-3 and 7.4 and openmediavault (V5.6 ) and installed OMV again.

Right now I am stuck at the GUI saying "502 Bad Gateway"
    /var/log/nginx holds a file called openmediavault-webgui_error.log and this line is added for each request in the GUI:

journalctl -xe gave

Any pointers on where to go from here?

• Looks like an error with your php install.

You are somewhere in between buster/omv5/php7.3 and omv6/bullseye/php-7.4

Get that sorted to have a clear base.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Thanks, that strengthens my feeling that I am 'in-between' .
    What surprises me is that if I remove both PHP version and openmediavault, and the reinstall openmediavault, it pulls in V5.6 , PHP7.3 and PHP7.4. I will try again when I get back home and make sure all is removed before installing openmediavault.

• Especially check your sources in /etc/sources.list and /etc/sources.list.d. It pulls what is in the repos.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I have removed openmediavault and php7*

Code
    root@omv:~# apt list --installed | grep penme
    WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

root@omv:~# apt list --installed | grep php
    WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

root@omv:~#

but after apt-get install openmediavault the problem persisted

this surprised me:

Is OMV5.6 using both php 7.3 and 7.4 ?

also , after another remove and install , I can't install OMV anymore:

• You have mixed sources.list. Did you check your repos and what is in there?

• Yes, probably related sources.list.

I am running bullseye , I assume it is a result of the failed upgrade to OMV6.

So I decided to bite the bullet and follow these instructions:

And now my GUI starts! I have looked into it yet but I assume all configs are gone after moving back and forth.

Closing this as 'Solved'

• eleson

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • eleson

Hat das Label OMV 6.x (RC1) hinzugefügt.
  • eleson

Hat das Label Upgrade 5.x -> 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!