Can't show filesystem after changing sda - sdb

• Hello.

After installing the "openmediavault-kernel 6.3" plugin and adding "GParted Live", "SystemRescue" to the bootloader, the file system changed its name after a reboot.

Before the reboot, the file system was named "sda". After the reboot, it became "sdb". Now OMV cannot display this.

At the same time, the plugin "openmediavault-sharerootfs 6.0-4" works correctly. It sees the new file system name.

• Offizieller Beitrag

After installing the "openmediavault-kernel 6.3" plugin and adding "GParted Live", "SystemRescue" to the bootloader, the file system changed its name after a reboot.

This can happen at anytime. It is not related to installing the plugin and adding the ISOs to the bootloader. Your bios dictates the order it presents the disks to the Linux kernel. That is why OMV does not use those device names to mount disks.

Now OMV cannot display this.

Something else must be wrong because this will not affect the display.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Something else must be wrong because this will not affect the display.

I think it's related to the new feature in OMV6:

• The file system page will only show file systems configured by openmediavault from now on. This is the standard behavior of the user interface that all other pages use.

Because OMV plugins like "openmediavault-sharerootfs 6.0-4" display the filesystem correctly (last screenshot in the thread).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think it's related to the new feature in OMV6:

The file system page will only show file systems configured by openmediavault from now on. This is the standard behavior of the user interface that all other pages use.

Nope unless you changed your mntent entry in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml to reference /dev/sda1. What is the output of: sudo omv-showkey mntent

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Nope unless you changed your mntent entry in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml to reference /dev/sda1. What is the output of: sudo omv-showkey mntent

For some reason, he shows the name sda2, did not change to sdb2.

Can I just change the name and uuid in the config?

• Offizieller Beitrag

For some reason, he shows the name sda2, did not change to sdb2.

I will have to look at the code later but uninstall the sharerootfs plugin and reinstall it.

• I will have to look at the code later but uninstall the sharerootfs plugin and reinstall it.

Oh god, I didn't get it right away.

Root fs should not have been displayed at all without a plugin.

Thanks! Reinstalling the plugin helped, now everything is displayed fine ;)

• mrHalfer

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!