[SOLVED] Backup Portainer and completely Uninstall to test disaster recovery

• I have OMV running in a Qemu VM and installed Docker with Portainer and some Stacks to test.

I have downloaded the backup file from Portainer in Settings, and also used Portainer Backup which produces the same tarball for restoring the settings and stacks.

I have deleted the Stacks in Portainer, unistalled Portainer in OMV Extras page and rebooted.

I then reinstalled Portainer and loaded the web interface.

However, instead of being presented with the first-time wizard for Portainer (so that I could restore using the backup tarball) I was able to log in with the same credentials.

How can I completely clear Portainer from OMV?

Thanks,

Paully

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

However, instead of being presented with the first-time wizard for Portainer (so that I could restore using the backup tarball) I was able to log in with the same credentials.

As expected. The uninstall does not remove the docker volume for the container.

How can I completely clear Portainer from OMV?

Uninstall portainer from the web interface and then run: sudo docker volume rm portainer_data

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes, that worked ... thank you!

One small addition to notes for myself ... the containers from the stacks were not running, so for each stack I had to go in to the 'Editor' tab and then hit the Deploy the Stack button again.

Once that was done, all 3 of my test Stacks survived a reboot ... so I can well and truly call this a day and I am sorted for disaster recovery.

That Docker container portainer-backup is really good and will save your skin ... you can then copy off the tarball to the cloud or whereever.

Lovely.

:)

Paully

• paul.littlefield

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Backup Portainer and completely Uninstall to test disaster recovery“ zu „[SOLVED] Backup Portainer and completely Uninstall to test disaster recovery“ geändert.
  • macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!