How do you handle the cryptic mountpoints

• Hello,

indeed, adding a comment to the Filesystems is really helpful. This way, you can give each Filesystem a memorable name.

That is good. But indeed, this "Comment" is not prominent enough. It seems quite optional, but for a good usability, it should be mandatory.

What is also not good is that the "Comment" is not used prominently:

Why is the "Comment" not used to identify the FS.

Furthermore, it would be good to have the same User Experience for Drives, i.e. being able to name them.

I am considering adding a request in the github issue tracker. What do you think?

Best regards,

Hendrik

• Offizieller Beitrag

It seems quite optional, but for a good usability, it should be mandatory.

If it is good for you, use it. There is no reason it should be mandatory.

What is also not good is that the "Comment" is not used prominently:

Add the comment column.

Furthermore, it would be good to have the same User Experience for Drives, i.e. being able to name them.

The comment for a filesystem is actually the filesystem label. There is no equivalent for drives and drives are not stored in the OMV database. So, there isn't a way to associate a name for a drive. They would be serve very little value in raid arrays as well.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!