Ok to disable quota? How?

• Hello,

last weekend I've upgraded my NAS from OMV 5 to 6, and as I had to reconfigure some file sharing, I've noticed that all the filesystems have quota enabled (some operations were triggering a lengthy quotacheck task).

I understood that currently OMV installs with quota disabled, correct?

When I originally installed my NAS it was OMV 3 or 4, maybe defaults were different then?

Anyway, I'm the only user and have no need to keep the quota system running.

May I disable it, and what's the correct way to do it?

Questions:

1) is there any service or plugin that depends on quota system?

2) to disable quota, should I just edit the config.xml and remove the quota options (usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0) from the <mntent> entries related to filesystems and reboot the box?

Thanks

• Questions:

1) is there any service or plugin that depends on quota system?

2) to disable quota, should I just edit the config.xml and remove the quota options (usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0) from the <mntent> entries related to filesystems and reboot the box?

You need to redeploy the file system either make a small change or runomv-salt deploy run fstab

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• omv stores the config in its database (config.xml)

After making a change in the ui omv transforms it's config from the database into configuration files for the different services.

But if you change the config db manually, omv does not know it has to write configuration files for the services. So you have to trick it to do so. Either by the command gave you or by making a small change in the ui for the file systems so you can press apply.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!