Restore backup created with openmediavault-backup 6.0.7,

• Hi,

after an update the system got completely stuck and not consistend anymore.

Before starting troubleshooting i would like to restore it to a previous state

I'm using openmediavault-backup 6.0.7, and already have old backup.

Never did this operation before, what i should do to restore it?

EDIT: i found this below i think it's still valid, right? i forgot to mention that my installation is headless

Here is a basic restore procedure using dd for the same hard drive but a change went bad:

• Boot systemrescuecd - if you installed the iso from omv-extras, it will be in your grub menu.
    • Mount your data drive - example: mount /dev/sde1 /mnt/backup
    • Figure out where your backup file is. dd uses the .dd.gz extension - example: /mnt/backup/omvbackup/backup-omv-07-May-2018_10-36-31.dd.gz
    • Figure out what your OS drive root partiton is. Don't get this wrong! - example: /dev/sda1
    • Restore the files - example gunzip -c /mnt/backup/omvbackup/backup-omv-07-May-2018_10-36-31.dd.gz | dd of=/dev/sda1 bs=1M status=progress
    • reboot
  • Hi, thank you for your reply.

i solved it the same day using another approach.

I wrote it here for future refence.

Consider that i'm starting from a full dd img i simpy used Raspberry Pi Imager to restore everything on a new MicroSD (later i discovered that the problem was old MicroSd died)

It takes some hours, that i spent watching a movie :) but the restore worked like a charm.

Best regards to everybody

• varro986

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • I would be interested in the Raspberry SD restore procedure since I regularly make backups with the OMV procedure.

Powerdown the Pi

Clone the SDcard on another PC, to another same size SDcard

Put the new SDcard on the Pi

Powerup

Done.

• Good morning Soma,

I thank you for the answer.

I already carry out the procedure you described.

However, OMV also allows you to backup the entire disk by generating an image.

Varro986 indicates that he used "raspberry pi imager" and therefore I think he simply downloaded the saved image to a new SD and I wanted to understand if others had carried out this experience.

It will mean that I will try and then I will leave my experience here.

Greetings

• However, OMV also allows you to backup the entire disk by generating an image.

indicates that he used "raspberry pi imager" and therefore I think he simply downloaded the saved image to a new SD

Make the OMV backup plugin make a FULL image of your SDcar

After, you grab that image and flash it to the a new SDcard.

You can use Win32diskimager or USBimager or Etcher (too many apps available) to flash it on the new SDcard.

Make sure that you use the new SDcard flashed that way, at least once to make sure that everything is working as it should.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!