NFS Share not updating on /etc/fstab after changing the referenced shared folder device

• Hi, as I tried to tell in the title, I had a problem when I changed the device of a shared folder that was being referenced by a NFS share.

After changing the shared folder device I removed the old drive and after a couple of days I realized that I could not see any files through NFS. I could connect but there were not files.

After a while I found that the old device mount point were still existing under /srv directory. Apparently when I changed the shared folder device, the NFS mount point were not updated on /etc/fstab, so I had to delete and recreate the NFS share to reflect the changes on fstab.

After that I had to manually erase the old unused mount point from /srv that was serving as the empty dir I was seeing through NFS.

Thank you and cheers.

• I don't see in the code where it would mark fstab module dirty. Maybe it should? votdevsudo omv-salt deploy run fstab would have fixed your issue.

omv 6.0.41-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• votdev

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!