WOL Failed to Scan - Failed to execute....

• Would like to get this working but not a big issue but thought I would post it, even when I specify my interface it dumps, now the thing that may be different for my install is that I do have a bonded interface, works great otherwise but wondering if the bonded interface is causing the issue. If anyone has questions or wants me to poke further let me know. :)

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; nast -m' with exit code '255': [1mNast V. 0.2.0[0m

Here is the stack trace:

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; nast -m' with exit code '255': [1mNast V. 0.2.0[0m in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:196
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/wol.inc(178): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceWol->doScan(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('doScan', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Wol', 'doScan', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure there is anything I can do if nast doesn't work with a bond. What is the output when you select an adapter? Maybe you could try nast commands from the command line to see if you can get something to work.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Not sure there is anything I can do if nast doesn't work with a bond. What is the output when you select an adapter? Maybe you could try nast commands from the command line to see if you can get something to work.

Sorry about that I thought I had notifications turned on but I guess I didn't. Sometimes I am poking around when I am tired and didn't even notice the command that you were using, looks like your doing a nast -m. When I try that command I get the error:

Code
    itsupport@dpcbackup:~$ sudo nast -m bond0

Nast V. 0.2.0

Error: eth0: no IPv4 address assigned

here is my network configuration:

So it's correct there is no IP on eth0-2 but only on the bond0 interface, so if I give nast the interface -i option along with the -m option it appears to work:

Is there any way to modify modify the option given? When I run the command from the web interface I do select the bond0 interface from the pull down selection. Really I can run it from the command line if I could somehow import my list, what I am after is a list that I can keep and update and use to wake up machines. I have something now that I use from a windooze vm but would be nice to have it working from the website, just quicker all the way around.

Let me know what you think or if I need to try something else, thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any way to modify modify the option given?

I have to modify the plugin. I will look at that when I get a chance.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

• I have to modify the plugin. I will look at that when I get a chance.

Thanks, one thing I have 2 units one is running 6.x and the other is running 5.x. The one running 6.x does not have a bond interface, it is virtualized but even on that unit, when I select to do the scan and select the interface, I hit the scan button and nothing appears to happen, eventually I see an error message I think it was 504 in the notifications area. I can run it from the cli just fine using just the nast -m command but cannot get it working from the web interface.

Thanks for looking into it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

the other is running 5.x.

5.x will not get any changes.

it is virtualized but even on that unit, when I select to do the scan and select the interface, I hit the scan button and nothing appears to happen, eventually I see an error message I think it was 504 in the notifications area.

I get the same. I didn't like how I had to implement the nic selection and script execution. nast does get executed but with that style of execution, the web interface has a relatively short timeout. I guess I will have to change the plugin. You can add and remove systems individually in the plugin until that happens.

• 5.x will not get any changes.

I get the same. I didn't like how I had to implement the nic selection and script execution. nast does get executed but with that style of execution, the web interface has a relatively short timeout. I guess I will have to change the plugin. You can add and remove systems individually in the plugin until that happens.

Yeah understand about 5.x not getting any updates, I plan to upgrade it to 6 when I get enough nerves, even though I do not have a lot of oddball stuff I do have it joined to a windows domain and it always makes me nervous not wanting to break winbind etc. One suggestion that I would really like if you think it could be added easily, I can run nast from a cli and output that to a file, it would be super sweet if you could somehow make it to where you could import a nast output file so I would not have to add them one at a time, just thought I would throw that out there.

Thanks for looking into it appreciate it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

One suggestion that I would really like if you think it could be added easily, I can run nast from a cli and output that to a file, it would be super sweet if you could somehow make it to where you could import a nast output file so I would not have to add them one at a time, just thought I would throw that out there.

What is the use case? There is no file upload component in OMV 6.x. Are you editing the file and then want to import? I guess I don't see why that is different than clicking the button and editing the systems. I understand that it isn't as fast but I never really thought people would do it that often. This plugin isn't used by very many people.

• What is the use case? There is no file upload component in OMV 6.x. Are you editing the file and then want to import? I guess I don't see why that is different than clicking the button and editing the systems. I understand that it isn't as fast but I never really thought people would do it that often. This plugin isn't used by very many people.

Yeah my use case is I support small business remotely and use WOL a lot for support purposes. right now since I cannot scan the only way to add the systems is to add them one at a time which I can do, but I have what I consider a handful, 20-30 devices at least. I am able to run the nast utility and get export to a file I just would like to import a whole list vs one at a time. The other option is if you can tell me which configuration file keeps that information then I can just go add them there by cut and paste etc, just looking for an easier way to import my list. Thats probably the better answer since its not used much not worth you spending much time on it, if you can point me to where the added ones are stored I will look into doing that.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ah so you don't normally need the scan import. You just need it now because the button is not working. Cutting and pasting them into the OMV database won't work since the database is xml. I will try to get it working again but I just haven't had any time.

• Ah so you don't normally need the scan import. You just need it now because the button is not working. Cutting and pasting them into the OMV database won't work since the database is xml. I will try to get it working again but I just haven't had any time.

Yeah no worries, understand its not used so it should be way down on the priority list. I need to work on upgrading to 6.x so I have plenty of other things to work on so if you get to it great if not no problem, appreciate all you guys have done to have a stable nas solution.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm confused. The plugin is using the -m flag and -i if there is a network adapter selected. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/engined/rpc/wol.inc#L173

• I'm confused. The plugin is using the -m flag and -i if there is a network adapter selected. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/engined/rpc/wol.inc#L173

Understand but at least on 5.5 its not working with a bond interface, the stack trace that I included in the first post I see the -m option being used but do not see the -i option, I know it works from the cli though with both the -m and -i options. But again since that is running 5.x its not going to get updated, I have not upgraded the bond interface unit to 6 yet, that is my next goal.

Was going to try to do the fsarchiver and have a clone but having problems getting it working on my omv 6 installation, I installed the plugin and got a 504 error, it thinks its installed but I cannot find it in the menu anywhere so still trying to figure out where it places it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

the stack trace that I included in the first post I see the -m option being used but do not see the -i option

The code should be identical between 5.x and 6.x - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/engined/rpc/wol.inc#L173

I installed the plugin and got a 504 error, it thinks its installed but I cannot find it in the menu anywhere so still trying to figure out where it places it.

Which plugin? Did you ctrl-shift-R?

• The code should be identical between 5.x and 6.x - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/engined/rpc/wol.inc#L173

Which plugin? Did you ctrl-shift-R?

Yeah I looked at the code, I see the section but that stack trace above I only see the -m, so not sure why its not working, I know it doesnt work from the cli with just the -m option since it looks at the first interface and fails but if i give it sudo nast -m -i bond0 then it goes to work, 6.x just gives me 504 errors. Now I do know when I run it from the cli I have to run it with elevated privs, it will not run without being root.

I figured out my other issue with the backup stuff, still need to get my head wrapped around that, so used to using clonezilla to do stuff but would be nice to back up the FS routinely.

• Offizieller Beitrag

6.x just gives me 504 errors. Now I do know when I run it from the cli I have to run it with elevated privs, it will not run without being root.

504 doesn't really tell me anything. If you could do that with the omv-engined in debug, that would help. And the command is running as root.

• 504 doesn't really tell me anything. If you could do that with the omv-engined in debug, that would help. And the command is running as root.

I ahve no issue doing that but not sure I know how to run it in debug, I did a quick google search and nothing jumped out at me, have a pointer to a page that lets you know how to do that. Once running in debug is there a log file or something that I can use to provide?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

sudo monit stop omv-engined

sudo omv-engined -df

No log file. Everything is logged to screen. If you are using putty, make sure to set your line buffer higher or you can have putty log to a file.

• sudo monit stop omv-engined

sudo omv-engined -df

No log file. Everything is logged to screen. If you are using putty, make sure to set your line buffer higher or you can have putty log to a file.

Eh, lol, putty....I'm one of those rare animals...I don't so windooze unless someone pays me to use it...long live linux...:) Been using it since windows xp days, even have the wife using it, lol. It will be an SSH session for sure so should not be an issue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Eh, lol, putty....I'm one of those rare animals...I don't so windooze unless someone pays me to use it...long live linux...:)

That makes me happy : ) No windows here either.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!