Is there a dependency between sharerootfs and snapraid?

• Hi,

I recently uninstalled some unused plugins, among them sharerootfs. At the next scheduled "snapraid sync", I received the error message "snapraid: command not found", and when I checked the installed plugins, snapraid really was gone.

I thought that I maybe had selected it for uninstallation by accident, but after I reinstalled snapraid, sharerootfs was back as well. The logs also show that the plugins were (un)installed back-to-back.

So my question is: Does snapraid require sharerootfs somehow? In that case, I would have liked a warning before uninstalling sharerootfs, because during uninstallation of snapraid, my configuration was also lost.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does snapraid require sharerootfs somehow?

Yes - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…master/debian/control#L13. It uses it to allow population of the directory choosers. Quite a few plugins depend on it.

In that case, I would have liked a warning before uninstalling sharerootfs, because during uninstallation of snapraid, my configuration was also lost.

That will be very difficult unless you use the command line (which would tell you it was uninstalling the snapraid plugin). Not sure why you were uninstalling sharerootfs. It adds nothing to web interface and is not adding any cruft to your system.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for clearing that up.

Zitat

Not sure why you were uninstalling sharerootfs

No particular reason other than removing everything that's not needed because it can use resources and compromise security.

• Offizieller Beitrag

because it can use resources and compromise security.

sharerootfs will do neither. A disabled plugin will neither as well.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!