Onedrive unable to auth due to missing curl

• #omv-onedrive-auth

std.net.curl.CurlException@std/net/curl.d(4239): Failed to load curl, tried "lib curl.so", "libcurl.so.4", "libcurl-gnutls.so.4", "libcurl-nss.so.4", "libcurl.so .3".

----------------

??:? pure @safe bool std.exception.enforce!(std.net.curl.CurlException).enforce! (bool).enforce(bool, lazy const(char)[], immutable(char)[], ulong) [0x55bb0c60bc 65]

??:? void* std.net.curl.CurlAPI.loadAPI() [0x7f4c55cb6454]

??:? ref void* std.concurrency.initOnce!(std.net.curl.CurlAPI._handle).initOnce( lazy void*) [0x7f4c55c06071]

??:? void std.net.curl.Curl.initialize() [0x7f4c55cb11dc]

??:? void std.net.curl.HTTP.initialize() [0x7f4c55caf58d]

??:? std.net.curl.HTTP std.net.curl.HTTP.opCall() [0x7f4c55caf972]

??:? [0x55bb0c601a31]

??:? [0x55bb0c65a040]

??:? void rt.dmain2._d_run_main2(char[][], ulong, extern (C) int function(char[] [])*).runAll() [0x7f4c5599807b]

??:? _d_run_main2 [0x7f4c55997e97]

??:? _d_run_main [0x7f4c55997ced]

??:? __libc_start_main [0x7f4c555cbd09]

??:? [0x55bb0c5eb119]

May I suggest to at least inform the user to install curl next to the info where it says " After enabling and deploying this service the first time please run the command omv-onedrive-auth in the CLI to authenticate the application in Microsoft OneDrive"?

• @votdev

Zitat

IMO this is a bug in the upstream onedrive project. The onedrive Debian package should include libcurl4 as a dependency.

Unfortunately whilst it would appear so, however I am not responsible for the packaging of the application. I provide the source, but other folk within the open source community are responsible for the packaging for the relevant distributions.

This being said ... when I test the package on Debian 11 (I am assuming this is the version of Debian being used), the package installs 100% without issue ... so ... if the package installs without issue, with all dependencies pulled in, how can this be an issue with the packaging?

Below is the output of installing and running the client on a minimal install Debian 11:

I do not know how OMV handles pulling in packages - but, if the package is able to be installed and used following the details as listed here - but does not install correctly under OMV, this suggests to me that it is something within OMV that is not handling the package install correctly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

he package installs 100% without issue ... so ... if the package installs without issue, with all dependencies pulled in, how can this be an issue with the packaging?

Installing a package without errors does not mean it will run without issues when not all dependencies are declared.

According to this error trace the onedrive app seems to use or rely on libcurl. And if the onedrive Debian package does not list libcurl4 as a dependency, the Debian APT packaging system does not pull and install it. So if onedrive is using libcurl, the maintainer of the Debian package must add libcurl4 as a dependency.

I've downloaded the package source code and the control file looks like this:

It seems that libcurl4-openssl-dev is used as build dependency, but the maintainer missed to add it to the package dependencies list as well.

• KM0201

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

After a email conversation with the maintainer of the onedrive package we came to the conclusion that it is not a packaging problem. I really don't know what has caused that mentioned problem, because the omv-onedrive-auth script is only calling dash, systemd and onedrive. I can only guess that it is a problem out of scope of OMV. Luckily the problem could be fixed by installing libcurl.

• I had the same problem in openmediavault-onedrive 7.0-3, after many attempts I found that the date and time was wrong, out of date, set to 2011, after correction it was possible to authenticate and the service worked normally.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!