[SOLVED] RAID5 is not recognised anymore after reboot

• Hi together,

I have been using a RAID5 with 5 disks without issues for over a year now, but today a moved everything to a new case to get more space and increase the RAID to maybe 8 disks later.

After I moved everything I had several issues with disks not beeing recognised, but this is an issue with the SATA expansion card mith 2 Marvell 88SE9215 where only 1 is usable.

Now all my disks from the RAID are recognised and in good condition in the GUI but the SW RAID is not shown on obviously then the file system on the RAID is marked as missing.

Then I have checked mdadm in the terminal, the output shows that it is defined as a raid0 instead of raid5, but the raid devices are the correct ones

When using mdadm --examine on each disk, I see two different pictures, two disks have newer update time with 3 disks missing, and 3 disks have older update time, but when all disks where still active.

Older superblock of a disk

Newer superblock of a disk

mdadm.conf:

I tried mdadm --assemble /dev/md0, it takes some time without output, and the details are still the same.

I very much believe there is an easy fix for that, as it looks its just that the informations on the disks are not consistent. But I am carefull, as I don't want anything to be lost (I don't have an backup, because it is nearly 50TB, but the files are also not "unique" but it would take a lot of time to get them back)

Does anyone know what I could try to fix the RAID5?

Thank you very much in advance.

• Yes, I remember, the output was confirming it is inactive and also marked them as spare I think, but I couldn't activate it earlier.

I am currently in a walk with my dog, will post the exact output later. I will also try to explicitly stop it and then start again.

• This is the output:

Code
    root@omv-j5040:/home/Simon# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md0 : inactive sde[1](S) sdg[3](S) sdf[5](S) sdb[2](S) sdh[4](S) sdd[0](S)
          82033508352 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>

currently, a sixth disk is plugged in which I tried to add to the RAID but with an error message, not is added as a spare:

This is the output when I stop and assemble it again:

I suspect I have to force it, or can I see why these disks are busy?

• great it worked, I did it without the spare disk, as I want to add it to RAID later, together with to others, so I have to resize it only once.

I cannot select it in the GUI to mount it, is there a recommended way to do it?

• snoopy913

Hat den Titel des Themas von „RAID5 is not recognised anymore after reboot“ zu „[SOLVED] RAID5 is not recognised anymore after reboot“ geändert.
  • snoopy913

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • snoopy913

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!