OMV-Salt failed to unmask avahi-daemon

• Hi all,

I'm having some issues with my OMV server when I try to make configuration changes which relate to networking changes. Whenever I try to make changes from the Web UI, committing the pending changes fails because omv-salt is unable to unmask avahi-daemon at the end of the deployment of avahi-daemon. I have made a couple attempts to unmask/mask, enable/disable the avahi-daemon service and socket via systemctl but have not been able to make it work. The avahi-daemon will start successfully when I manually start it, it just fails when salt tries to unmask.

I had been using docker, but have uninstalled it to try troubleshooting, though avahi still starts correctly when docker is installed. So I don't believe it's related to docker as past threads have indicated.

Any help is much appreciated!

The exact message is:

• Thankyou both for your help, I am able to unmask the service manually with systemctl and it unmasks successfully. I can then manually start avahi through systemctl.

However when I attempt to run

omv-salt deploy run avahi

It presents the same result despite avahi being running at the time when this command was issued.

• Hi, i think it is realated to my problem.

Did update after fresh installation OMV6. Can't apply changes

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is a different problem. In your case systemd fails to stop the service. Don't know why. Can you do it manually? systemd stop avahi-daemon.socket

• Have you stopped systemd stop avahi-daemon.service or systemd stop avahi-daemon.socket. Both need to be stopped finally.

i have used systemctl stop avahi-daemon.socket and systemctl stop avahi-daemon.service.

systemd didn't work - it print Excess arguments.

After checking systemctl status avahi-daemon.socket it was running.

EDIT: It worked after command systemctl disable avah-daemon.service and then appy changes in WebUI. Any ideas?

EDIT2: Maybe is something with upgrade from omv 6.0.24?

after fresh start and then omv-upgrade is something linke

• Could you please try it again with openmediavault 6.0.46-3 and report if changing the order of disabling the service helped?

What do you want me to do? Do a fresh install or what? I have backup after fresh install. I can easly restore from backup.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!