RAID clean,degraded and the first hd is now as "spare" one...

• OK, so:

Code
    root@nas:~# mdadm --fail /dev/md1 /dev/sdc
    mdadm: set /dev/sdc faulty in /dev/md1
    root@nas:~# mdadm --remove /dev/md1 /dev/sdc
    mdadm: hot removed /dev/sdc from /dev/md1

Then I wipe it out with OMV (in Storage, Disks).

Then I gave the add command and:

Code
    root@nas:~# mdadm --add /dev/sdc /dev/md1
    mdadm: /dev/sdc does not appear to be an md device

Ideas?

• And here are the news (I'm still laughing):

So, I'm at the start point!

• Offizieller Beitrag

mdadm --add /dev/sdc /dev/md1

That's the wrong way round :) remember post 5

So, I'm at the start point!

Yes but no, the problem was with the wipe, I bet you chose quick/short, if you did the you'll have to do this again

Fail and remove the drive from the array, then do a secure wipe, this will take some time, then rather than from the cli, from the WebUI -> Raid Management, select the array and then recover a dialog should display with the secure wiped drive, select it and click OK

• Yes you have the reason. I made in that way... short way. I'll do as you wrote now. Just a moment.

18.06.... 3%... how long will it take for 1tb? For sure I will have to stop it. Is it safe to stop it?

18.21 I stopped it and redo all as the last time, I cannot go on with this loooooong wipe (67 hours remaining...). I will go on on the next weekend.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try adding the drive anyway even though you stopped it, another user did this after only 1% and it worked, no idea why.

I cannot go on with this loooooong wipe (67 hours remaining...)

8| what's powering it a mouse in a wheel, that's ridiculous for a 1TB drive

• My mouse was tyred also... so I stopped and add the drive, nothing changed: it's as spare.

I'm looking for new drives. Or maybe I will change the others of other array into 4tb and so I'll cancel the array md1.

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!