Botched upgrade from OMV 5 to 6: network not found

• Hi,

Forgive me, I was getting bored at home with a newborn so decided to upgrade OMV from 5 to 6. I didn't do any research, and just attempted with `sudo omv-release-upgrade`. I should have at least followed these instructions. Here are the initial results.

As can be seen, I didn't mind much and just restarted the computer. After restarting, I noticed I was still on OMV 5. So, I tried it again, and got errors on removing a few of the packages. Here are the second set up results.

After trying to manually remove with `sudo apt-get purge openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-diskstats openmediavault-lvm2 openmediavault-omvextrasorg`, I tracked the errors down a bit, and was able to resolve by creating a `helper-functions` file from here, and commenting out the line that uses `omv-salt` in `/var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-diskstats.postrm`. With it, I was able to purge. Here are the results.

I then restarted the computer, but was unable to SSH into the server. After plugging in my monitor, it appears I can't run `sudo apt-get install` anymore, because the host names can't be resolved. It appears my network interface is no longer working.

Again, this is entirely my fault. What are my options?

1. How do I get the network interface back up for me to continue with the upgrade?

2. Is it possible to use the OMV 6.0 ISO to continue with the upgrade? I hope to preserve all of my settings.

Thank you.

• I was able to regain network connection by doing `sudo cp /etc/network/interfaces/interfaces.bak /etc/network/interfaces/interfaces` and restarting the computer.

Given that I am on debian 11, I followed these steps to install OMV since it appears none of the packages are installed. After restarting, I see the new web interface. However, I can't log in with my old credentials or the default credentials. I get this error:

500 - Internal Server Error

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

When I try to run `sudo omv-firstaid`, and selecting `Configure web control panel`, I get the following:

ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Following this, unmasking and enabling openmediavault-engined allowed me to log in to the web console.

I'm not exactly sure if everything is good with regards to my OMV 6 upgrade. I know my docker instances aren't running, but I hope once I launch that all my old containers will just run without issue...

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!