Different Samba Share Names for the same directory

• Hi, for backup purposes (I need to upload only image files), I would like to export my picture folder without video files.

Some time ago I achieved this via duplicating my picture share in samba and veto files option to exclude extensions related to video files.

With OMV6 though it seems to me that I can't give a different name to a share and this prevent me to export the same directory with different names and different options.

I tried to create a new Storage -> shared folder named PicturesOnly that has the same directory containing my pictures but OMV complains that you cant have two different shared folders on the same directory.

So, Is there a way to achieve this? I could edit smb.conf by hand but it will be overwritten.

• I'd open an issue on GitHub to get developer attention.

Issue will need several screenshots to show issue clearly!

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!