Raspi 4 OMV 2x2bay HDD`s only one Bay works

• Hi there, i have installed OMV on a raspi 4 with 4gb ram. its works fine with a 2bay HDD case via usb3 all single drives , all good. but i have another 2bay hdd case that cant ork , i think its a problem with the ids of the harddrives ?! that the omv make one of the first bay with the same id like one of the second one. how can i change that ? i have the 2x2bays on a usb3 hub and the system is on a ssd via usb3 too. here are the error that i become:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run --no-color quota 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi:

----------

ID: quota_off_no_quotas_5a009ffb-68d4-4bd3-94a4-6c02d8d1e27c

Function: cmd.run

Name: quotaoff --group --user /dev/disk/by-uuid/5a009ffb-68d4-4bd3-94a4-6c02d8d1e27c || true

Result: True

Comment: Command "quotaoff --group --user /dev/disk/by-uuid/5a009ffb-68d4-4bd3-94a4-6c02d8d1e27c || true" run

Started: 08:36:08.377715

Duration: 23.691 ms

Changes:

----------

pid:

retcode:

stderr:

stdout:

----------

ID: quota_check_no_quotas_5a009ffb-68d4-4bd3-94a4-6c02d8d1e27c

Function: cmd.run

Name: quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-uuid/5a009ffb-68d4-4bd3-94a4-6c02d8d1e27c

Result: True

Comment: Command "quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-uuid/5a009ffb-68d4-4bd3-94a4-6c02d8d1e27c" run

Started: 08:36:08.402196

Duration: 1294.687 ms

Changes:

please help :) thx guys and have nice days

• i dont have hardware raid on, in both devices are +jbod, like every disk is a single HDD. one 2bay is a ICY BOX that had no problem , its the problem with the other one, i think its the problem that omv make the same id`s . how can i fix that problem that the other 2 drives in a FANTEC case give him other ids oder somthing like that? greetz :)thanks

or i think i must buy a 4bay case that maybe helps?

• i dont have hardware raid on, in both devices are +jbod, like every disk is a single HDD. one 2bay is a ICY BOX that had no problem , its the problem with the other one, i think its the problem that omv make the same id`s . how can i fix that problem that the other 2 drives in a FANTEC case give him other ids oder somthing like that? greetz :)thanks

or i think i must buy a 4bay case that maybe helps?

Links to the pages of the hardware, please

And, IIRC, you're connecting both boxes on an USB HUB and then to a single usb3 port on the Pi while a SSD on the 2nd port?

If that's the case, you found your problem:

The USB HUB.

What you can try is, flash a new Pi OS lite on a new Sdcard.

Boot it with both boxes plugged individuallly, one on each USB port.

Post the output on a codebox of:

sudo fdisk -l | grep -i /dev/sd*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!