MergerFS Pool File Creation Data Different Than Data Drive

• i have a weird problem.
    I migrated from OMV5 to OMV6, finally got my pool working again.
    Today Plex was showing me all kinds of "Recently Added" that weren't recent.
    When I looked at the file creation dates, there are a lot with creation date of today (Jan 7), but not all, some examples:
    Here the pool shows creation of Jan 7th, but on the actual data drive that contains the file, it shows Jul 11th and Jul 12th.

But that isn't true with ALL files, for example here, the pool shows creation date the same as the data drive date:

Any ideas how to fix this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

mergerfs isn't a filesystem and doesn't magically change dates. Your directory(s) must exist on more than one data drive and mergerfs is just showing you the date on the first filesystem it finds the directory on.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok thanks!
    I started looking through all the drives and found the directories on Disk2, which is an old drive in the pool. Some of these files were created years ago, why would they all of a sudden be recreated on an a new drive especially if they already exist on a "newer" drive?
    I'm curious to know what other files this may have happened with, like backups and such.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm curious to know what other files this may have happened with, like backups and such.

It won't happen to files. Only directories should exist on more than one drive unless you did something outside of mergerfs. The plugin does have a deduplicate function that will fix duplicated files with different options.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Zitat

directories should exist on more than one drive unless you did something outside of mergerfs.

Right, still need to confirm, but I think I created the video file, which would have been created years ago, and then recently possibly added the subtitles, which would have possibly been created on the newer drive.

So does mergerFS, show the most recent directory? IE i have a dir on disk1 created on Dec 12 2022, and a dir on disk2 created on Jan 02 2023, will mergerFS show the dir as created on Jan 02 2023? Kinda seems like thats the case.

EDIT: just confirmed on a few dirs, that the video file is one drive, and the srt is on another drive, which makes sense.

I think what happened looking back, and what messed up plex, was that i had to change my pool to mount the drives as /dev-disk-by-label-MediaD* all of my drives are mounted by label, except one that is mounted by UUID, so it was missing that drive in the pool. Plex probably did a scan noticed it was missing those files and did some kind of clean up. Then I noticed the drive was missing from the pool, I added it, then Plex did a scan again and added those files with an "added_at" date as jan 3rd. I had a Plex backup from 1 day before the OMV5 -> OMV6 upgrade which would have had the correct "added_at" dates. I restored the backup and everything is fine.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So does mergerFS, show the most recent directory? IE i have a dir on disk1 created on Dec 12 2022, and a dir on disk2 created on Jan 02 2023, will mergerFS show the dir as created on Jan 02 2023? Kinda seems like thats the case.

I would guess the mergerfs docs (link in the plugin) will tell you.

• I would guess the mergerfs docs (link in the plugin) will tell you.

For anyone curious

This makes sense.

Thanks for the help ryecoaaron

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for posting the info after you found it. That could help others. I wasn't near a laptop and didn't want to try reading the (very good) docs on it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!