Understanding ACL

• Hello,

as far as im understanding the "Extended Option" Part of the ACL Dialog is representing the Linux File-System Permissions.
    Before I ask my Question, I have to mention that I'm using Greyhole.

So, the ACL Permission where Default set to 755 for one share. Now i have set "others" to have no Permission in ACL and marked the recursive Option.
    This only changes the Permissions of the Folders and Files in the Landing Zone to 770. The Symlinks remain untouched at 777 which I guess is correct.

The Permissions of the Files and Folder which have been balanced to the Greyhole Folders of my Drives are not touched and remain 755, or whatever they were created with.
    I played al little bit with ACL to get used to it, so i have files with 755, 744 and 600 Permissions sitting on my balanced Drives.

Shouldnt they be automatically changed to what I set in ACL? It does work for all Files and Folders in the Landing-Zone too and they get chmod'ed, but not the ones already balanced.

Greets

Daniel

• Change the chmod of the directories and you don't have to care about the permission for each file.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Sorry, that does not answer my Question why the Permission under the Greyhole Folders do not change when ich change them in ACL. I know I can change the Perms of the Folders and Files, I did already, but why do I have to do this by hand? Isnt this what this Portion of the ACL Menu is for?

• Of course that did not answer your question correctly. But I thought it would give you a solution to get rid of the ACLs.

Yes, the ACL dialogue is suppose to change it, but I never tried it myself with greyhole, so it could be that greyhole does not support changing the ACLs this way.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!