Web GUI "takes too long to respond" and won't load

• Hello everyone and thanks for any advice in advance,

I am currently stuck with trying to resolve my OMV Web GUI suddenly "taking too long to respond" in any web browser. The odd thing is the OMV-Extras like Portainer, and it's stacks and containers, all still work. I have 'Cloud Commander' installed via Portainer and it shows that 'mergerfs' is working fine and the pool is available. I can access the server via local console and can run 'omv-firstaid' but after running option 1, 2, 9, and 10 it doesn't want to come back up. The log file from the diagnostic is attached.

I'm feeling like it's a small setting that I'm missing and am hesitant to reinstall OMV completely if it's just a bad configuration in NGINX or something. It was working last night though so it's super odd. The root drive has 88% free, which is around 80GB.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys might have!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: sudo omv-salt deploy run nginx phpfpm

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

That looks ok. Is the web interface working now? Have you tried rebooting?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I have tried rebooting. I have figured it out! Somehow UFW got in the way and was preventing me from reaching the server. So yay, it's working now.

Now I need to figure out why the MergerFS pool seems to have died. The Pool seems fine, but I am missing all the files essentially and am unable to access it through SMB.

• 500 - Internal Server Error Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run --no-color mergerfs 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:
    ---------- ID: configure_pool_dir Function: file.directory Name: /srv/mergerfs Result: True Comment: The directory /srv/mergerfs is in the correct state Started: 10:43:38.967586 Duration: 3.876 ms Changes:
    ---------- ID: remove_mergerfs_mount_files_/etc/systemd/system Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 10:43:38.971909 Duration: 2.338 ms Changes: ---------- file.find:
    ---------- ID: systemd_remove_dead_symlinks Function: cmd.run Name: find /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants -xtype l -print -delete Result: True Comment: Command "find /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants -xtype l -print -delete" run Started: 10:43:38.974649 Duration: 4.554 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 13368 retcode: 0 stderr: stdout:
    ---------- ID: configure_mergerfs_POOL01 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/systemd/system/srv-mergerfs-POOL01.mount Result: True Comment: File /etc/systemd/system/srv-mergerfs-POOL01.mount updated Started: 10:43:38.979409 ...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now I need to figure out why the MergerFS pool seems to have died. The Pool seems fine, but I am missing all the files essentially and am unable to access it through SMB.

I would guess your pool is mounting before your filesystems are ready or your mount point is not empty. If you are using docker and you installed it before creating your mergerfs pool, docker will sometimes start before the pool is mounted. Click the install docker button again which will have docker wait to start until your pool is ready. You will need to clean the files from your mount point from the command line.

• Hmm, okay. I installed Docker after mergerfs - I set up OMV and then mergerfs and SnapRAID immediately to demo it out. Then put on Docker.

That said, I went and completely purged mergerfs from my OMV server, and made sure there were no folders left over in /srv. After a bit of back and forth, I got the pool recreated as POOL02 and it seems all the files are still there.

The small problem now is the left over filesystem from the previous mergerfs. I removed the mntent from the config file but it popped back up.

For future reference, how would one clean the mount point from the command line? I assume that would be 'umount' and 'rm -d -rf' on the /srv/mergerfs folders?

• Offizieller Beitrag

That said, I went and completely purged mergerfs from my OMV server, and made sure there were no folders left over in /srv. After a bit of back and forth, I got the pool recreated as POOL02 and it seems all the files are still there.

Every time you recreate a pool that docker might be using, you need to click the install docker button to update the list of filesystems that docker is waiting for.

For future reference, how would one clean the mount point from the command line? I assume that would be 'umount' and 'rm -d -rf' on the /srv/mergerfs folders?

make sure the pool is unmounted

Remove the files and folders in /srv/mergerfs/POOL_NAME/

mount the pool or reboot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!