SSH to SystemRescue without additional commands once booted?

• Hello all.

I have an x64 machine running OMV6 as a headless server very far from where I live. People around the server is 0 tech-savvy so I would like to ask if this would be possible in case of failure to SSH after an upgrade or so.

I have checked it is possible to install SystemRescue on the root drive through OMV, and set it to boot once from it after a reboot.

My doubt is, once SystemRescue is booted, is it possible to SSH to it without doing anything else locally (like running systemctl start sshd or setting root passwd)? Or if not, would it be possible to program it to be run at the start?

The idea is being capable to restore a fsarchive backup remotely with 0 interaction from the server location itself.

Thanks in advance.

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

• Offizieller Beitrag

My doubt is, once SystemRescue is booted, is it possible to SSH to it without doing anything else locally (like running systemctl start sshd or setting root passwd)? Or if not, would it be possible to program it to be run at the start?

systemrescue starts ssh by default. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…=omv6:omv6_plugins:kernel

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!