cannot Install extras plugin

• Hello,

I want to use omv5 instead of truenas for my ISCSI setup because it is more lightweight.

Initially I wanted to continue this post, add my rant but it would verify for necromancy:

so, long story sort, I need to use ISCSI; it is not included in the iso (ok, fine, I can download extras plugin and upload it through webui), but I miss some packages (dirmgr and gnupg, although it was a fresh offline install) and it seems I cannot just download them and install them (because... linuxy-things if I am correct). The nas/san is offline on a local lan and I won't allow it internet (offline) and certainly I wont use omv6 as the extras plugin is installable only through internet (I hate with passion the all-things-repository). I am noob when it comes to "mighty" linux, so sorry for my rant, but its a lot headache for a thing that should be no-brainer or a bit easier otherwise. I am sure that others might be in a similar situation. Any help will be much appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

but I miss some packages (dirmgr and gnupg, although it was a fresh offline install) and it seems I cannot just download them and install them (because... linuxy-things if I am correct).

If you install OMV without internet, it will not have the debian repos with the packages in it.

Code
    aaron@omv6dev:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ bullseye main contrib non-free
    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ bullseye-updates main contrib non-free

certainly I wont use omv6 as the extras plugin is installable only through internet (I hate with passion the all-things-repository).

I don't know what an all-things repo is... While the guide says you should run the install script, omv-extras for omv 6.x is downloadable just like it was on OMV 5.x. But what is the point in adding a repo if you aren't going to allow internet even at install time? The omv-extras plugin and other plugins have dependencies that will need to be downloaded.

am noob when it comes to "mighty" linux, so sorry for my rant, but its a lot headache for a thing that should be no-brainer or a bit easier otherwise. I am sure that others might be in a similar situation. Any help will be much appreciated.

You are a noob but think giving internet access to a Linux server behind a router is dangerous? At least save the headache and time for people on this forum and give the damn box internet access during setup at least.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Lets say that I am way too paranoid when it comes to data/info leaking, so for me it has to be an offline istallation. I say again that I apreciate the time more than what my writing shows, but if there is no way through this then omv is no go for me (and for a silly reason; at least the iscsi should be in the webui by default, without plugins etc).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Lets say that I am way too paranoid when it comes to data/info leaking, so for me it has to be an offline istallation

There is no data leaking during installation because there should be no data drives connected. Or are you think OMV is collecting data?

at least the iscsi should be in the webui by default, without plugins

Why? Almost no one uses it. I almost didn't port the plugin to OMV 6.x because no one uses it. And if it is in core OMV, then Volker would have to maintain it. He can't maintain everything hence why there is an external plugin repo that I maintain.

if there is no way through this then omv is no go for m

You could download every debian package you need and install them manually but what is the difference if you are downloading them on a system connected to the internet or your OMV system is downloading them while it is temporarily connected? And if you never connect your OMV box to the internet, how is it getting patched? If you never patch, that is about the worst thing you can do for security of your data...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!