Rsync - Bad Message failure

• Hello folks,

The thread title already describes what's going on. Recently, I set up a whole new NAS system (new hardware, fresh OMV 6 installation) and mounted my existing RAIDs. Docker is working, Samba works, everything nice.

Now I tried to set up a rsync job (as I did with my old NAS, too). I get the following failures:

rsync: [sender] readdir("/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-7e3bc809-7e43-4b1a-a14a-3a8372aa60ef/NAS/FOLDERXY/FILE.JPG"): Bad message (74)

And finally:

sent 8,304,161 bytes received 24,616 bytes 979,856.12 bytes/sec

total size is 15,507,068,321,681 speedup is 1,861,866.19
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1333) [sender=3.2.3]
    ERROR: The synchronisation failed.

END OF LINE

I'd be happy if anyone could help me out.

Thanks

Regards,

Beda

• Hi again,

I would like to reactivate my own thread cause I got another new failure on rsync.

After the Bad message fails (original thread) I decided to wipe all of my HDDs and set up everything again, seemed like I had some issues on my files I couldn't solve correctly. After wiping and setting up OMV 6 on 2 machines (1 for use + 1 backup) and syncing everything remotely it was working nice. Now, 5 days after my last sync I have another failure:

rsync structure needs cleaning (117).

I didn't change anything on my setup, just turned off both machines 5 days ago and turned them back on and now I get that failure on rsync.

Ok, due to the fact that saving my files is most important, I decided to switch to PureSync on Windows and, settings to backup whole machine Z to machine Y. Didn't work, access problems on my backup machine. Suddenly, I do not have access to 2 of my subfolders in my backup machine (jesus knows why) in Windows. I am 100% sure it was working before. Of course, PureSync gets stuck cause it doesnt have access. Checked privileges in OMV, everything looks alright. Restarting everything for the 100th time didnt help. I am getting crazy right now, jumping from one to another problem. And now, even after I wiping all of my data recently and setting up both machines again I am having trouble again. WTF?

I really hope somebody could give me some advice, I am crying.

Thanks

Regards,

Beda

• Okay, thank you.

Suddenly, I do not have access to 2 of my subfolders in my backup machine (jesus knows why) in Windows. I am 100% sure it was working before. Of course, PureSync gets stuck cause it doesnt have access. Checked privileges in OMV, everything looks alright. Restarting everything for the 100th time didnt help.

Any idea about that?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea about that

That could be related to the possible file system error, or the fact that you have attempted a sync job on a windows machine for linux file systems

In that link I sent you there is a reference to WinScp, using that you may be able to get access, if you cannot get access through windows file manager

• That could be related to the possible file system error, or the fact that you have attempted a sync job on a windows machine for linux file systems

In that link I sent you there is a reference to WinScp, using that you may be able to get access, if you cannot get access through windows file manager

Alright, gonna work through that. Still wondering why my file systems keep crashing, not the first time...

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, everything alright there

That suggests your drives show as green, that's sort of misinformation as all that green reports is there are no bad sectors, check out the new user guide this will give you more information in what to look for with the tests performed

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!