moving disks with snapraid-parity to new system hardware and OMV Version ???

• Hi @all,

i have a queastion about moving my existing Disks with Snapraid-Parity to a new Hardware.

In my old OMV 4 System (openmediavault Arrakis 4.1.36-1 and 'openmediavault-snapraid' 3.7.7)

the disk where mounted by name and add to snapraid.conf like the following....

Code
    disk data01 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data01
    disk data02 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data02
    parity /srv/dev-disk-by-label-parity01/snapraid.parity

now I have prepared a new system with OMV 6.3 and was testing for the new Snapraid config.

I now see that harddisk are mounted like this by UUID in /srv

Code
    dev-disk-by-uuid-34c349c1-c4e5-4bbc-b319-daec3191cf1b
    dev-disk-by-uuid-885a15be-72be-43b7-942b-dfd84b44f91c

when simulating this in Snapraid Plugin I can see the following in the Conf file. it now points to the name by uuid

Code
    disk data01 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-34c349c1-c4e5-4bbc-b319-daec3191cf1b
    disk data02 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-885a15be-72be-43b7-942b-dfd84b44f91c

so , what happens when I move all my disk ( 14 Data Disks and 2 Parity Disks ) to the new system , mount them to the system and add them to the snapraid config.

Do I need to completely renew / recompute my Parity for all disks ? or will the existing Version of the Parity be kept ? :/

Hope I could make clear what I try to achive.

Thanks in advance for help and tipps

Bye,

René

• adnup76

Hat den Titel des Themas von „moving disks with snap raid-parity to new system hardware and OMV Version ???“ zu „moving disks with snapraid-parity to new system hardware and OMV Version ???“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!