OMV5: Cannot find cause or resolve error: syslog kernel - EDAC pnd2: Failed to register device with error -22

• Offizieller Beitrag

No Linux is found under my NUC6CAYH model. Not sure why they don't even support or test even 1 distro...

Not sure why it matters. I have run Linux on things that the manufacturer says it can't run Linux including multiple NUCs. Never had an issue with NUCs but I don't go searching for these errors since mine all run headless.

• Yes ryecoaaron I just mentioned to them the Voltage that's being reported with dmidecode for both SO-DIMM slots or when each one is used, and they still didn't offer to provide further assistance "because it is Linux"...

For the OS to detect an ECC related error AND detect an erroneous minimum / maximum voltage (both ram related), their may be something going on with hardware. To rule out software, I'd consider booting onto a live distro, a different install with a different kernel, and run dmidecode again just to see the result.

The reasoning is, if you have something going on with ram or the mobo, there's the potential to silently corrupt files. At a minimum, I'd run several passes with memtest86.

Booted with MemTest86 v10.4 (Free) and let it start automatic tests i.e. no options selected nor any user input.

I let it do 4 tests, one after the other (took approx 7+h)

Finished pass #4 (of 4) Total Errors: 0, ECC errors: 0, result PASS.

P.S. Nothing fancy or worrisome displayed on the screen with regard to voltage etc. etc.

Then I booted with Ubuntu v20.04.1 LTS (Live CD/USB) that I had on a USB stick, handy. Ran Terminal and entered sudo dmidecode --type memory with same results as OMV6: one memory bank reports that crazy voltage, the other a more "normal" voltage.

Running grep -E "EDAC" /var/log/syslog also shows this "Failed to register device pnd2 with error -22".

So not sure now what to tell Intel or what to do except: I quit and live a calm life :)

Thanks to both.

OpenMediaVault 6.9.13-1 • Intel NUC NUC6CAYH • Intel Celeron J3455 • 2x4GB RAM • Samsung 870 QVO 4TB • USB Boot (System)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just mentioned to them the Voltage that's being reported with dmidecode for both SO-DIMM slots or when each one is used, and they still didn't offer to provide further assistance "because it is Linux"...

There are many systems that report incorrect voltages or temps on Linux. The fact that you are using a NUC means you probably don't need to worry about those things. Server grade hardware usually doesn't have these issues.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!