Recover 2 raids after system wipe

• Hi,

My system disk failed recently. I bought two SSDs, created a RAID 1 and installed debian and OMV latest version today. On the previous installation, I had two 2-disks RAID 1 arrays : one with 2x3TB and another with 2x8TB, all created from inside OMV at the time (it was OMV 3 or 4, the one that didn't provide a way to upgrade to the next major version).

I don't have a backup of the datas on the disks and I did the OS install without having them plugged in. What will happen when I will plug them back in ?

- Will the raid be recognized immediately ?

- Will the disks be displayed and I will have to create a RAID array again ? If so, does it wipes the data on both disks ? If so, can I first access one of my disk and create a backup to a third disk ?

Thx

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will the raid be recognized immediately

Technically yes, but there have been some instances where an array has not been displayed in the GUI, OMV has found the array but the array is inactive, this can checked from the cli with the command cat /proc/mdstat

Will the disks be displayed

Yes

I will have to create a RAID array again

No, do not create a raid from the GUI

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Ashygan

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Ashygan

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!