Nextcloud Container fails to install/ "up"

• So, I keep getting this error, and error tells me there is no file "Couldn't find env file". I mean, duh, I am doing a fresh install. How could it not find a file it has not created yet?

• How did you configure the compose plugin?

How did you try to install nextcloud? From example, import,...?

omv 6

Plugins - omvExtras | LVM2 | Compose plugin | SFTP | ...

System - x86 intel

• Done via Services : Compose : Files : create, cut n paste then UP

• Now I gotta worry about caps?

No that should not make a difference. The .env file did not exist, which is weird since you created it in the plugin.

Also not recommended to store config and data in the same directory. Store them in a separate directory.

Just curious:

No database?

No Timezone set?

/Docker/docker/containers/nextcloud

Why such a weird path?

omv 6

System - x86 intel

• I will start in reverse. The weird folder was because prior to the latest move/update with the omv-extras change, and my not knowing all what was going on in the beginning, I had a /Docker directory and then a /Container directory. When I tried to make the share directory it said I had to create a new directory, so, and I don't know why, I did Docker/docker/containers. It just is what it is.

Timezone not set, my bad, not sure why I missed it.

Database, this I am unsure of, I have never created a database... I just log in and create users, worked fine. What is the benefit of doing so?

• Understanding how stuff works really helps on how to do things, or at least it helps for me. I read a lot before I do something.

It just is what it is.

If you have the confidence I would move it.

What is the benefit of doing so?

SQL lite is not recommended for more than one user and even with one user it is not recommended.

The first paragraph (link below) last sentence: SQLite is good for

Zitat

testing and simple single-user Nextcloud servers, but it does not scale for
    multiple-user production users.

Converting database type — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

If you search for "nextcloud mysql vs sqllite" almost every post is going to tell you use mysql or postgresql.

I also did not have any experience with databases and you don't have to.

Just follow the following guide: (Yes you can spilt the compose file into 2 pieces, one nextcloud+DB and swag)

omv 6

System - x86 intel

• As far as the SWAG /Nextcloud you mentioned, I am/was using it through NGINX. I have had no issues. My issue was it was working beautifully until it did not. Tried everything to repair it, would not, so I deleted it. I ran the SAME compose I did back when it did work, and that was the error I initially posted on.. It error'd out. So, for shyts n giggles I changed the lowercase nextcloud to Nextcloud, and the compose worked. Why? maybe a freak accident, I could not tell you. The compose I pasted earlier is the one I have always used. As far as sqllite,it is for 1 user, me, which was why i left it default.

I read enough originally to get it all working flawlessly with nginx so I was content. I could not tell you why it messed up, maybe random got corrupt.

As far as having confidence in moving the directories, sure, wtf not, but I would also like to know the logistics behind it?

OMV Docker is set to '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b92f138b-3bc4-41c7-8b74-d22703a90420/Docker/docker' (man I don't know why the 2 docker directories, it works, would that make it not work?) and my "share" directory is 'Conpose [on /dev/sdc1, Docker/docker/containers/]'

• So everything is working correctly again?

Just the error about the .env file and after changing "nextcloud" to "Nextcloud" it worked.

Probably because the .en file was created is suspect.

If it works and you are fine how it is then leave it like this.

(Hopefully that doesn't sound bad or aggressive not the intension to!!!)

the logistics behind it?

What do you mean by this?

omv 6

System - x86 intel

• You had mentioned that if I have the confidence to do so, which I understand if I feel comfortable, you mentioned to move the directory. I know mine was a bit weird, Docker/docker/containers but I was wondering what the reason would be, other than cleaning up the weird redundant directory structure.

And no offense as all you've been a great help. I'm Sicilian, I always speak as if it is our last meal. To the point.

• Then the structure is a little more understandable for other people to help.

And I know docker restricts access to its directory pretty hard. So I always leave that directory alone, yes I moved it to and SSD and not the root file system but other than that I leave it.

omv 6

System - x86 intel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!