File copy issues on MacOS

• I am using MacOS ventura.

When connecting to omv6 installed on raspberry pi 3B+ and copying multiple files from mac to shared drive,

Copying stops halfway with the message "The operation can’t be completed because the item xxx is in use"

I copied a lot of files to a shared drive after installing omv6.

then no problem,

I get an error when I try to copy the file after that.

Can you think of any solutions?

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • I have the same issue on two of my Mac OS machines.

I create a new directory, then I copy photos (20 GB i.e) from my SD card directly to my share into the new directory. After a couple of megs, I get the same error message as mentioned above. I makes no difference if I copy directly from the SD card or if I copy the files from my desktop. But I don´t get always this error, sometime a file copy runs, the next time it doesn´t.

My two machines are a Mac Pro running OS 12.6 and a Mac Studio running 13.5.

Permissions are set correctly.

I tried to add fruit:metadata = stream to my config in "Advances Settings", it made no difference. Are there "best practice" settings for Mac OS I should apply?

My Windows machine does not have any problems.

SMB Config for a share I have problems with:

• Thanks for posting.

I found one solution for this problem.

It is to fill in the following settings in the [global] section.

veto files = /._*/.DS_Store/.Trashes/.TemporaryItems/ 

No more file copy errors.

However, there was a new problem that a 0kb file with the same name was trashed when copying a file, and MacOS labels did not work.

It seems to be a problem with the handling of ._* files, but no solution has been found.

thank you.

• The default is set to no when OpenMediavault is created on Raspberry pi 5 installation. I found that changing the value in the smb.conf located in the /etc/samba/ directory.

edit the smb.conf that openmediavault created and it even tells you NOT to edit this file and change from no to yes.

Apple extensions require support for extended attributes(xattr) - defaults to yes in Samba 4.9+:

Code
    ea support = yes

It fixed all my Mac copy issues and errors I was getting. Not sure why it is set to no by default?

• Hi flyhigh, I just found that "ea support" is set to yes in omv itself. In the shared smb folder configuration, there is "Extended attributes" check.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!