Cannot modify network properties

• In my initial setup I activated WOL and put 9.9.9.9 in my dns.

I now want to modify that, basically deactivate WOL and change the DNS server, but everytime I try to do it through the GUI or omv-firstaid, I loose the connection and the changes won't apply.

I have to force the reset of the computer and then the changes revert back and I can connect.

This computer has also a wifi card that I've tried to configure as a fallback for this, but trying to configure it also fails.

Any clues?

• To me it looks ok. DNS 9.9.9.9 has been set and DHCP has delivered the IP address 192.168.137.246.

What is not working right now? Does name resolution does not work?

Sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly before.

It is working correctly, the problem comes when I try to modify this DNS or deactivate WOL, either via GUI or omv-firstaid. I loose connection and the changes don't apply, I only regain connection (the IP shows again in my network) if I force a reset by disconnecting power.

• Maybe you are affected by a systemd bug. See https://www.openmediavault.org/?p=3492

I have checked this but the service is running apparently...

• Offizieller Beitrag

That does not mean you are not affected. The symtoms you describe are matching the problem described in the link. You may apply the changes via UI and then check the status of the service unit. You may also run journalctl -f while applying the changes in the UI. You will surely see that there is some error when getting the IP address via DHCP. To make it short, the OMV project can not do anything here.

• That does not mean you are not affected. The symtoms you describe are matching the problem described in the link. You may apply the changes via UI and then check the status of the service unit. You may also run journalctl -f while applying the changes in the UI. You will surely see that there is some error when getting the IP address via DHCP. To make it short, the OMV project can not do anything here.

So I'm guessing that if instead of using DHCP I configure a static IP the configuration should apply without problems?

• There were some updates yesterday between which one was for the ethernet card. After this update I'm able to set a static IP and commit the changes, so apparently my error was a mix between this issue and the driver.

• manuel5cc

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!