WOL plugin has no GUI for the scheduled tasks

• Good day, dear community. You've made a great job with the WOL plugin Unfortunately, the GUI for the WOL plugin really hearts me a lot. I would like to simply schedule wake up of my other machine and I've got two troubles:

1. WOL is wake on LAN. It is not about starting, restating, suspending and stopping. I have to choose some difficult options for the packet, where I just wanted to schedule WOL for my work laptop. I don't have any idea, what the GUI wants from me...

2. Scheduled tasks are not visible... Could you add such GUI?

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Good day, dear community. You've made a great job with the WOL plugin Unfortunately, the GUI for the WOL plugin really hearts me a lot. I would like to simply schedule wake up of my other machine and I've got two troubles:

1. WOL is wake on LAN. It is not about starting, restating, suspending and stopping. I have to choose some difficult options for the packet, where I just wanted to schedule WIOL for my work laptop. I don't have any idea, what the GUI wants from me...

2. Scheduled tasks are not visible... Could you add such GUI?

The plugin "autoshutdown" seems to be what you are looking for.

• The WOL plugin of OMV is used to send wake-on-lan (WOL) packets in order to wake up other devices (which must support to be woken up this way).

I'm not sure if you want to have your OMV machine wake your laptop, or to have your laptop wake your OMV machine.

• The WOL plugin of OMV is used to send wake-on-lan (WOL) packets in order to wake up other devices (which must support to be woken up this way).

I'm not sure if you want to have your OMV machine wake your laptop, or to have your laptop wake your OMV machine.

I want my OMV server to wake up my laptop (another device) at 9:00 am each workday :)

• Sorry, I don't use WOL plugin and can't give advice.

And I don't know if there would be any side effects when not installing the plugin but sudo apt install wakeonlan and then make a normal scheduled task running wakeonlan <insert mac of your laptop>

• Sorry, I don't use WOL plugin and can't give advice.

And I don't know if there would be any side effects when not installing the plugin but sudo apt install wakeonlan and then make a normal scheduled task running wakeonlan <insert mac of your laptop>

Thanks, mate! I know how to do it in CLI, just wanted to use a ready-to-go plugin, which is not so user-friendly... I will do the CLI way. Thanks again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know how to do it in CLI, just wanted to use a ready-to-go plugin, which is not so user-friendly... I will do the CLI way.

Just put that command in the command section of a Scheduled Tasks. Adding this to the plugin would save almost no time and hardly anyone uses it. So, not a good use of my time.

omv 7.4.2-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!