Kernel GParted plugin not working

• I'm on OMV 6. I installed the kernel and Gparted plugins no problem. In 'System/Kernel' I selected Gparted live and then used the icon to select 'Reboot to Gparted live once'. I then attached a keyboard/screen to my OMV server and rebooted. The boot screen shows various Debian, Debian recovery, memory test and finally the Gparted boot option (bottom of list). I use the arrow to scroll down to Gparted and hit return to boot into Gparted. But, as it boots I see an 'insufficient memory' mesage and a 'must load kernel first message' . Gparted doesnt start. I reboot and select the top of the boot options list (Debian 11.....). It then boots back into OMV fine. EXCEPT (I think this may be unique to my setup) I cannot load the OMV console GUI in my browser, it just sits there forever saying 'Loading...'. This happens the same in both Chrome and Edge. I eventually tracked this down to cached images in both Edge and Chrome. Clearing the image cache cured the problem. I only added the cahce issue to this post in case it helps others.

My reason for posting is to try and get a solution to the Gparted problem

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use the arrow to scroll down to Gparted and hit return to boot into Gparted. But, as it boots I see an 'insufficient memory' mesage and a 'must load kernel first message' . Gparted doesnt start.

What kind of system and what the specs? The plugin creates a grub entry that loads gparted into ram. If your system doesn't have enough ram, then it will fail to boot.

EXCEPT (I think this may be unique to my setup) I cannot load the OMV console GUI in my browser, it just sits there forever saying 'Loading...'. This happens the same in both Chrome and Edge. I eventually tracked this down to cached images in both Edge and Chrome. Clearing the image cache cured the problem. I only added the cahce issue to this post in case it helps others.

#1 problem of all time - Solutions to common problems If people see ANY weirdness in the OMV web interface, the first thing they should do is hit ctrl-shift-R.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm running OMV on an Odroid H3+ with 8GB of RAM (Intel(R) Celeron(R) N5095 @ 2.00GHz), so I doubt theres a RAM problem. OMV Dashboard sees the full 8GB OK ; typically using less than 2GB). I can boot the same machine using a Gparted USB stick no problem.

Version

6.5.0-3 (Shaitan)

Kernel

Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.7-amd64

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure then. The plugin is adding the arguments per the guide - https://gparted.org/livehd.php. All I can suggest is try editing the grub menu to see if you can change something to get it to boot. I don't have a system that has this issue to try myself.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!