docker-ripper error.

• Hello all,

I'm trying to install docker-ripper as I have a ton of discs to rip.

I am getting this error and here's my compose file. I'm using the compose plugin. I have no idea where to begin in working out what that error means.

Any help would be very much appreciated, as always.

Thanks,

Nick.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

• Offizieller Beitrag

The port:9090 line needs a port number where the work port is. So, probably 9090:9090.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ah, thanks ryecoaaron - I did try that but I get the same error:

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure what you are doing since you didn't post the compose with new changes. I had no problem with this setup on my dvd ripping machine.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• EDIT#1: Just used your one and it looks like its working fine. Will update later on.

EDIT#2: All looks good. I just ssh'd in and it looks like its ripping away nicely. Thanks!

OK, sorry - here is my latest stab at it:

Hopefully this isn't totally wrong.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Nick0 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I added docker-ripper to the example list in the compose plugin.

• Have you used this ripper? It doesn't look like it handles "Hidden Track One Audio"" by default nor multi session A.K.A. CD-Extra. For the audio CDs that have either/both of these, you'll miss them. It can be argued that even audio CDs should be ripped raw, sector by sector. Note that most computer CD-ROMs will read HTOA but not all will (but yours probably does :-).

While I haven't tried it, cyanrip looks good and has a docker image available. For others, here's a ripper comparison.

Edit: if this isn't cd's, you could use makemkvcon but I think you'll have to containerize it yourself. Sadly, the free version requires a key that is refreshed every new release. Regardless, it rips DVD and Bluray/UHD and has a Linux port (and can rip to a tree or .iso).

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von olduser ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you used this ripper?

Nope but it uses the same tools I normally use. There is a chart listing what it uses on the github page - https://github.com/rix1337/docker-ripper

hile I haven't tried it, cyanrip looks good and has a docker image available.

I just added it as an example since I had a working compose file. If you want to contribute a cyanrip compose file, I can add that too.

• listing what it uses

Right, that's why I asked. In regards to audio CD ripping (redbook or otherwise), I don't think abcde handles HTOA or CD-Extra when ripping. Looking here, here and here it still doesn't. To be fair, CD-Extra is "Yellowbook" not Red but people still expect to rip everything that is on a audio CD... when ripping an audio CD :-P. I don't think abcde handles "Mixed Mode" either (where tracks in session 1 is data) but, I never used a ripper that does (although "IsoBuster" for windows did... but not really user friendly :-/).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have 600+ CDs and don't remember ever having an issue ripping one. It has been a lot of years since I have ripped some of them though.

• docker-ripper is doing a great job on audio and video optical disks for me right now and its been running most of the day - awesome stuff!

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

• don't remember ever having an issue

You wouldn't. If you consider missing a HTOA and/or a data session as a failure, then both will silently failing in abcde, or at least that is how it looks (I'll try it soon).

If you're bored and curious, I've attached a script and test.wav to be written to a CD-R. It will write "test.wav" into the pregap creating a HTOA and will add the "./image" directory as session 2, thus a HTOA + CD-Extra test. It won't test Mixed Mode, but I've never seen a audio CD that uses that (although it probably exists somewhere). After burning it, rip it. If all you get is 1.wav file that is 3 seconds long, both HTOA and CD-Extra are ignored.

You will need: cdrdao, wodim and genisoimage to burn it. Run "htoa_cdextra_test.bash".

NOTE: It will use /dev/sr1 as the device, change it at top of the script.

• I added docker-ripper to the example list in the compose plugin.

Is it easy to use Rye? Can I add two DVD drives to my server and get it to work with both?

Would it work with something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-HLDS-GH24NSD5-ARAA10B-Internal-DVD-RW/dp/B07PKPSNJZ?refinements=p_85%3A20930949031&rps=1

Dell 3050 Micro, i5-6500T, 8GB Ram

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 512gb SSD Boot, 1tb nvme Data, 16TB (8tbx 2 merg) Media,

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it easy to use Rye? Can I add two DVD drives to my server and get it to work with both?

Never used the container but I use the same programs in the container on my dvd ripping system and they work well.

Would it work with something like this

Sure.

• Never used the container but I use the same programs in the container on my dvd ripping system and they work well.

Sure.

How long does it take to rip them? also does it rename the tracks or are they track 1 ,2 ,3 etc...

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How long does it take to rip them?

Depends on how fast your system is, how long the dvd is, etc.

also does it rename the tracks or are they track 1 ,2 ,3 etc...

I don't know how the container has things configured.

• Depends on how fast your system is, how long the dvd is, etc.

I don't know how the container has things configured.

Okay Cheers

• Just trying this out, but getting an error when trying a CD:

Code
    [WARNING] Error trying to calculate disc ids without lead-out information.
    Getting CD track info... [WARNING] something went wrong while querying the CD... Maybe a DATA CD or the CD is not loaded?
    Executing customizable pre-read function... done.

Any ideas?

°(((=((===°°°(((================================================

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!