Owncloud ip?

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

ip:8443

didnt work

Zitat von "WastlJ"

If you installed via plugin, then there is no ip:port. It works over alias like you already found out.

is it possible to set a different alias? i want to set a domain for owncloud but i can only use a ip address. i cant use an alias ip/owncloud.
    If i address only the ip address i get the login window for omv but i dont want other people to see it.

is there a way to do this?

• There is no way of hiding it via a webserver configuration. You would need to use some sort of iptables rule to set the omv webinterface access to local network only.

If you would simply make a vhost people could still figure out the IP and access your webserver via IP and would still reach your OpenMediaVault, tough since OpenMediaVault Kralizec thats not longer a security threat because after 3 false logins blocked are for 180 seconds from logging in.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

There is no way of hiding it via a webserver configuration. You would need to use some sort of iptables rule to set the omv webinterface access to local network only.

If you would simply make a vhost people could still figure out the IP and access your webserver via IP and would still reach your OpenMediaVault, tough since OpenMediaVault Kralizec thats not longer a security threat because after 3 false logins blocked are for 180 seconds from logging in.

Greetings
    David

thank you for your answer David. I know that people can figure out my ip, but thats not the case actually. what i would like to do is just set a direct domain for owncloud instead of ip or domain/owncloud. i just want to have a simple domain.

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

How did you install it and what version of OMV?

i have installed it throught the plugins, because i like the feature to add additional folders

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!