Adding SMB / CIFS storage in Proxmox gives ' create storage failed: mkdir/pve/ddfw/images: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 1374. (500) '

• Adding SMB / CIFS storage in Proxmox gives ' create storage failed: mkdir/pve/ddfw/images: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 1374. (500) '

Despite having read and write permission with the proper user, that error pops up when adding an SMB storage.

• Solution -

This issue is happening as the Proxmox wants a writing privilege to every share folder, Make sure that READ/ WRITE access is given in 2 places in OMV

1. Users (2nd from last in the image)

2. Shared folders. (underlined)

(Group permissions are not necessary, just give user permissions (the blue key icon) & ACL(the blue checkbox icon))

h5eFpTTjDbC9Zj-HrvXAtBy6qk70aKj0lY1SzkDvOfLaQmEo3BQl8Hwkg5FC6HHXh9wB96p2CZt8XW3At2EJBvtDcVis5--XZ5CQzjEqvex5KRurLpYaetwB8Le_VhPY15CKoRLkkXpY5nqXOn7v7mk

Finally, Go to Services >> SMB/CIFS >> Shares >> select the appropriate share & edit >>> Tick the DOS attributes >> save (Scroll down) >>> confirm changes in Yellow bar (appearing at the top).

w0NTNd5FeEmuXc6G2ya0T_MafYy_LkNinnhBYC8ZnX7zrWJ8Wia3-XapJUouDwbicf3mobCZlDfsv-zibnMAnR0jPLyBEZnaX46HE_m1d__INilYcT-gWBuYzYbcb4A8E9KsFDr9g3lZlOJS6FNCIOg

bwqhDaEQvrRwtUU0vwLNXZTeistM57huwcfpqDNIleElpNh1_6cUjQmCAJg-wfBpVq1jWws0z_fbtTrDBKA-TxiZ2wvH4wuP2UVxWqYgk5zxxS-ILml9sLHiWNXruBGw2Z0MdfKEJP-eXZHfrIeeWKw

Finally, retry adding storage in proxmox. No error should occur.

Tips:

In proxmox sub folders can not be assigned from shares so it is advised to create a separate share in OMV and then grab from Prox.

- To add network shares to your VM/ container, use this command in prox shell-

- pct set 301 --mp1 /mnt/pve/nas,mp=/mnt/media

- Coloured sections are only to be changed

- 301 is the VM/CT number (use yours)

- (--mp1) = mount point, use different numbers like mp0, mp2, mp3 if you have multiple shares in same VM/CT, otherwise new one will remove older.

- use df -h command to know grabbed share mount location and put that into (/mnt/pve/nas)       

- (mp=) mount point of VM/CT (recommending not changing, as in linux media directory is the default mounting location of external storage.)

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von neail () aus folgendem Grund: Added images for better assistance.

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Hey people, I am back again with the same issue in Proxmox 8.

This time, the error code is -
    create storage failed: mkdir /mnt/pve/test/images: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 1405. (500)

The solution I found is to -

Selecting the content type, only the - VZdump backup file.

This solves the issue as the default Disk image content type, not sure about the cause, just make sure, you select only the VZdump.

Probably, in Proxmox 7 the default was VZDump and that's why I had missed that then. Fortunately it was default, otherwise it would had been hard to troubleshoot with 2 variables together.

Note - This is not an issue related to the user account of the SMB share, (i.e. with no write access). I have tried both write enabled and not enabled accounts , even in the example you can see, I am using the user_smb_omv, that is a read only, privilege. However, you should consider using a write enabled account if you want to reference this share to a container like Jellyfin, and store the metadata folder there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!