FTP doesn't work outside local network

• i'm using OMV6 and i've been trying to get FTP to work remotely for quite some time now. none of the solutions i found online or even on any of these forums worked at all.

FTP is all correctly setup in OMV and works fine inside local network. i have the ftp port forwarded including passive. i've ran a command to allow the port on the machine itself.

but it just says "couldn't connect to server" in filezilla.

• votdev

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • FTP can be a difficult protocol to get working if both the client and server are behind a NAT. Some consumer home routers provide a proxy or helper function that makes it work properly.

Having said that, a much better and easier approach is to use SFTP instead. OMV has this capability built in and Filezilla handles it without any special setup or configuration needed. Only one port needs to be forwarded in the router on the server side.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!