Minimal user role to allow read-only API access

• I want to display some information from OMV on my homepage dashboard, so I created a dedicated user, assigning him the nologin shell and the openmediavault-webgui group. However I am getting an Invalid context role error.

What groups should I add the user to, so it can read from the API, but ideally not access anything in the system?

SuperMicro CSE-825, X11SSH-F, Xeon E3-1240v6, 32 GB ECC RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA controller, 2x 8 TB, 1x 4 TB, 1x3TB, MergerFS+SnapRAID

Powered by Proxmox VE

• Offizieller Beitrag

What groups should I add the user to, so it can read from the API, but ideally not access anything in the system?

You can't. Those two ideas conflict with each other. A plugin needs to be created that accesses data with the user context. I started writing one but no one contributed any help - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…s/openmediavault-userinfo

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!