problem upgrading 5.6 to Shaitan - related to omv-salt?

• I'm running 5.6.26 Usul and trying to upgrade to Shaitan using CLI. Machine is an Odroid-XU4 running 4.14.222-odroidxu4 kernel.

I had updated packages and rebooted the machine first. The machine had been running fine for a long time.

Then I issued this command via ssh cli: sudo omv-salt stage run deploy

This returned failures:

Summary for odroidxu4

--------------

Succeeded: 230 (changed=80)

Failed: 4

--------------

Total states run: 234

Total run time: 157.522 s

Summary for odroidxu4

------------

Succeeded: 1 (changed=2)

Failed: 1

------------

Total states run: 2

Total run time: 166.879 s

The result is the following omv-upgrade and then omv-release-upgrade command results in errors and the upgrade fails.

Any suggestions as to what to do? I had the same result on two similarly prepared OMV machines.

thanks.

Matt

• crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Without the output from the command (not just the summary), we can't tell what failed.

omv 7.4.2-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your first issue (that is where I stopped looking) is that you haven't updated for the bintray closure that I posted about over 2.5 years ago.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

• Wow great that fixed it! thanks much. Shaitan running well now. Now I want to learn a bit from this - this explained why my omv-extras wasn't updating. But why did that happen in the first place - is it possibly because I had waited too long in between updates back two years ago?

• Offizieller Beitrag

But why did that happen in the first place - is it possibly because I had waited too long in between updates back two years ago?

Yes. I pushed out an update but if someone didn't install that update in the almost four months before the bintray shutdown, it was impossible for me to get an update to those systems.

• That makes sense. It also explains why a different OMV machine I use had no trouble with the upgrade (likely it had been updated more frequently or at least during the right window). Thanks again. we've been using OMV for years on several machines with great results.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!